User Avatar Image

Fables Celebrity Casting Call!

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

All right, Fables fanatics. Without saying which Fable characters will actually appear in our frabjuous interactive adaptation, whose voices do YOU hear when you read a Fables comic?

Does Bigby sound like Paul Reubens?
Does Snow sound like Fran Drescher?
Does Cinderella sound like James Earl Jones?

Probably not. But seriously, who would you cast in the Fables movie?

Mike "Making Fans Do All the Hard Work" Stemmle

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@RAnthonyMahan said: This question doesn't seem like it's entirely hypothetical. Hoping to get a big name for this game? ;)

While big names WOULD be an unexpected surprise, just THINKING about them tends to help steer our voice direction. We can tell Julian things like "Less Streep and more Mirren."

Not that there's necessarily anything Streepy or Mirreny going on in our game, of course.

About Jack (again, not that he's actually IN the game), I'm not sure about Fox or Broderick... neither strikes me as hitting the supremely-overconfident-douchenozzle vibe that Our Man Horner does.

Y'know who almost does (and may God forgive me for saying his name out loud)? Jack Black. Shudder.

Mike "I'm going to hell now, aren't I?" Stemmle

• Gepetto should be voiced by tony danza :P

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

GRIM FANDANGO's Manny Calavera got the German "dubbing" voice of Tony Danza (Tommi Piper)...

...it was fantastic. FANTASTIC. :D

• @ttg_Stemmle said:
    About Jack (again, not that he's actually IN the game), I'm not sure about Fox or Broderick... neither strikes me as hitting the supremely-overconfident-douchenozzle vibe that Our Man Horner does.

Y'know who almost does (and may God forgive me for saying his name out loud)? Jack Black. Shudder.

Mike "I'm going to hell now, aren't I?" Stemmle

I don't see what's wrong with Jack Black. He can be a legitimately funny guy if he's given the right part. Which mostly seems to be obnoxious fat people, but still. As far as celebrities go, though, I don't know who I'd cast in Fables. I guess that's why I'm not a casting director.

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@StrongBrush1 said: I don't see what's wrong with Jack Black. He can be a legitimately funny guy if he's given the right part. Which mostly seems to be obnoxious fat people, but still. As far as celebrities go, though, I don't know who I'd cast in Fables. I guess that's why I'm not a casting director.

You're right, there's nothing really wrong with Jack Black. He definitely suffered from a wee bit of overexposure there for a couple of years, but you can hardly fault a guy for striking while the iron's hot, y'know?

Mike "All Hail the D" Stemmle

PS Did you know that Steve Purcell went to high school with Kyle G.?

• @ttg_Stemmle said: You're right, there's nothing really wrong with Jack Black. He definitely suffered from a wee bit of overexposure there for a couple of years, but you can hardly fault a guy for striking while the iron's hot, y'know?

Mike "All Hail the D" Stemmle

PS Did you know that Steve Purcell went to high school with Kyle G.?

Jack Black was pretty awesome in Tropic Thunder, where he was basically a parody of himself. Tenacious D is also one of the greatest things ever.

• I can't help but hear Bigby as David "Solid Snake" Hayter.

• After "Watchmen" & the "Nightmare on Elm St" remakes, I pictured Jackie Earle Haley doing a mighty fine Bigby.

• @Weeksy said: After "Watchmen" & the "Nightmare on Elm St" remakes, I pictured Jackie Earle Haley doing a mighty fine Bigby.

Yes, but after seeing him in Human Target, I can't quite imagine that... then again, he's an actor, so perhaps he could?

• @ttg_Stemmle said: who would you cast in the Fables movie?

I betcha Stephen King would voice a character fo free Mike (either Fables OR Walking Dead). He's most likely a big fan of both comix, and he's been known to make cameos in projects he digs (Sons of Anarchy for example). Wait... that would cost me a shot at another character wouldn't it? Forget I mentioned King. Keep hiring unknowns!

Add Comment