User Avatar Image

Steam Update?

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 299 users

The game just updated on Steam. Kind of weird considering it's a year old.

Any idea what changed?

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RAnthonyMahan said: The game just updated on Steam. Kind of weird considering it's a year old.

    Any idea what changed?



    It also happend with puzzle agent 2!

  • @Lucoshi said: It also happend with puzzle agent 2!



    Really? Huh.

    I was suspecting for a second it might have to do with this upcoming Steam Christmas event, especially since we know Jurassic Park is a part of it. (Funny, since Poker Night, PA2, and JP are the three Telltale games with Steam achievements.) It doesn't seem like Poker Night has any new achievements, though.

  • I do see a new achievement called "Three Wise Men." (Win a hand when you have three of a kind comprised of three kings of any suit.)

  • @Madfather said: I do see a new achievement called "Three Wise Men." (Win a hand when you have three of a kind comprised of three kings of any suit.)



    That's going to be pretty hard. =/ At least the mystery is solved, though.

  • It doesn't look like they've added any new decks or tables so unless they've sneaked in any bug fixes it looks like it's just the achievement.

    Not that I'm complaining but, like RAnthony said, it does seem a bit weird to be adding stuff this long after the game launched. Oh well, at least they're still thinking about the game :D

  • It just updated again with another achievement.

    "The 12 Days of Christmas: Win 12 or more hands."

  • The new one appears to be bugged, I got it after winning just one hand. :)

  • @Ribs said: The new one appears to be bugged, I got it after winning just one hand. :)



    I'm assuming that's because you've already won way more than 12 hands in the past. If that's the case, you'll get the achievement as soon as you win a hand again. Basically a freebie for any Poker Night owners.

    Which is good, because there's no way I'm getting Three Wise Men. =/

  • User Avatar Image
    Seg

    Sorry I haven't looped back here till now, but I wanted to review the changes we made for the Winter Sale the past few days.

    Three Wise Men
    Poker is a random game, so getting this achievement has a good chunk of randomness. That said, not getting the achievement for a full house was totally a bug. The patch from yesterday fixed it.

    The 12 Days of Christmas
    MUCH easier to get this one. The wins can be across tournaments and don't need to be consecutive. If you already have 12 or more wins in your career, you just need to get one more winning hand for the achievement to trigger. (Ribs: Not a bug, it's a feature!)

    I don't know if just one or both of these achievements will be apart of the meta-game. It's up to Valve/Steam to decide what they use it for.

  • @Seg said: Sorry I haven't looped back here till now, but I wanted to review the changes we made for the Winter Sale the past few days.

    Three Wise Men
    Poker is a random game, so getting this achievement has a good chunk of randomness. That said, not getting the achievement for a full house was totally a bug. The patch from yesterday fixed it.

    The 12 Days of Christmas
    MUCH easier to get this one. The wins can be across tournaments and don't need to be consecutive. If you already have 12 or more wins in your career, you just need to get one more winning hand for the achievement to trigger. (Ribs: Not a bug, it's a feature!)

    I don't know if just one or both of these achievements will be apart of the meta-game. It's up to Valve/Steam to decide what they use it for.



    I don't win nothing when i unlock those achviments?

Add Comment