User Avatar Image

Dear Telltale, please ship Deluxe Editions in another box, not the actual Deluxe Box

posted by etcrane on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

So I really appreciated getting my JP Deluxe Edition in the mail today, I really appreciate that you met the mid-December shipping deadline and it's a great little Deluxe Edition.

My only concern is that you guys shipped it in the Deluxe Edition box, without any additional packaging. This is problematic for 2 reasons, first the shipping labels kind of ruin the box for collectors and not having an outer box leaves it a bit beat up going through the mail system. Secondly, there wasn't any tape or anything keeping the box sealed, while I appreciate this from a Collector's standpoint, if the box had been jostled during shipping or if someone had gotten curious between here and there, they could have easily taken anything and everything out of the box.

I know you guys try hard to keep your customers happy but please take my points into consideration for future Deluxe Editions. Thanks!

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There was tape sealing mine so that part may have been just you. I personally thought that the way it was shipped made it authentic. But I see what you mean.

• User Avatar Image
    Sixteen60 Telltale Staff

@etcrane said: So I really appreciated getting my JP Deluxe Edition in the mail today, I really appreciate that you met the mid-December shipping deadline and it's a great little Deluxe Edition.

My only concern is that you guys shipped it in the Deluxe Edition box, without any additional packaging. This is problematic for 2 reasons, first the shipping labels kind of ruin the box for collectors and not having an outer box leaves it a bit beat up going through the mail system. Secondly, there wasn't any tape or anything keeping the box sealed, while I appreciate this from a Collector's standpoint, if the box had been jostled during shipping or if someone had gotten curious between here and there, they could have easily taken anything and everything out of the box.

I know you guys try hard to keep your customers happy but please take my points into consideration for future Deluxe Editions. Thanks!

Hey etcrane

Thanks for the feedback. The intention in shipping in the actual box was to make it feel like you were receiving a new employee kit (which wouldn't come in any kind of protective outer box). Your point is taken though and we'll see what other people think as they get their deluxe editions.

You should have had a clear circular seal on your box, preventing it from being opened in transit. Sorry it wasn't there, we'll check in with our distribution company on that. Glad it got to you safely.

• @Sixteen60 said: Hey etcrane

Thanks for the feedback. The intention in shipping in the actual box was to make it feel like you were receiving a new employee kit (which wouldn't come in any kind of protective outer box). Your point is taken though and we'll see what other people think as they get their deluxe editions.

You should have had a clear circular seal on your box, preventing it from being opened in transit. Sorry it wasn't there, we'll check in with our distribution company on that. Glad it got to you safely.

It'd be nice to get a clean box in mint condition. The Deluxe Edition content is fantastic though, really above and beyond!

• I agree. I just found out that my Deluxe Edition is shipping. I would be nice to have the Deluxe box without any shipping labels on it.

• My box had that tape seal broken. Someone simply cut it and looked inside.

Fortunately nothing was missing, but I wasn't too happy to see the tape had been cut.

• International buyer here, and reading this, now I'm REALLY worried about my box being covered in labels from customs and the like.

• My showed up today. The bottom is covered in the typical shipping dirt and grime. Other than that, it's fine.

• Mine showed up a couple of days ago and it was inside another box >> i wonder why mine was different

• @ZerosTheWizard said: Mine showed up a couple of days ago and it was inside another box >> i wonder why mine was different

Did you have anything else in your order?

• @Alan Johnson said: Did you have anything else in your order?

ooooh, right, i was so excited over all the neat jurassic park things i forgot back to the future cd was in there xD

Add Comment