User Avatar Image

Law & Order: Legacies Episode 1 - Discussion and Feedback

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

The first episode was released last night and some of you have had time to play through it already. So, what are you thoughts?

If you're a Law & Order fan in general, did it feel like an episode of the show to you? How cool was it to have all those characters from Law & Order history interacting with each other?

There's two different ways the final case can play out, so how did it go for you? What'd you think of that ending?

We're looking forward to your thoughts! Thanks!

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The first case starts of with a maid being murdered and the case takes a turn when the suspected killer is gun downed in court and then we have to prosecute the father of the victim instead, which McCoy feels should be punished. Law and order and all that :P

Anyway I only played it once and the gameplay contains investigations and courtroom battles straight out of the phoenix wright games.

Not sure if I could win the case but it seems that if did a proper job I probably would have won the case but no matter.

I was really struck by how similar it was to phoenix wright games and that´s why I liked the gameplay we have objections here too :)

The first case sort of starts of what I suspect is a bigger plot in later episodes.
    Anyway I kind of liked it been catching up with the tv series lately as well.

So all in all not bad will be interesting to see how it progresses.

• @WARP10CK said: The first case starts of with a maid being murdered and the case takes a turn when the suspected killer is gun downed in court and then we have to prosecute the father of the victim instead, which McCoy feels should be punished. Law and order and all that :P

Anyway I only played it once and the gameplay contains investigations and courtroom battles straight out of the phoenix wright games.

Not sure if I could win the case but it seems that if did a proper job I probably would have won the case but no matter.

I was really struck by how similar it was to phoenix wright games and that´s why I liked the gameplay we have objections here too :)

The first case sort of starts of what I suspect is a bigger plot in later episodes.
    Anyway I kind of liked it been catching up with the tv series lately as well.

So all in all not bad will be interesting to see how it progresses.

Why did you fail the court battle? How was the "Plea" and "Objection" mechanics?

• @eblocksonian said: Why did you fail the court battle? How was the "Plea" and "Objection" mechanics?

It´s basically the same thing as in phoenix wright if you object to things that is not to be uhhm objected. Or make the wrong call in a interrogation.

It´s a point based system and when you are in court you have a meter that shows how much the jury is buying your case. If you suck at making your case the other meter will start filling up red and that means the jury is on the other side.

• ...Universal App! And there was much rejoicing!

• @WARP10CK said: It´s basically the same thing as in phoenix wright if you object to things that is not to be uhhm objected. Or make the wrong call in a interrogation.

It´s a point based system and when you are in court you have a meter that shows how much the jury is buying your case. If you suck at making your case the other meter will start filling up red and that means the jury is on the other side.

How did you do the second time?

• I wish I had money to buy it... any chance of giveaways or somesuch? You folks have been shying away from that kind of thing recently, which has meant I've yet to play any of your games released since the last Puzzle Agent! I'm excited for it though, it looks like a really quality title.

• It's 2.99... let me look under the couch for some extra change lying around. Sending you the quarters might cost as much as the 2.99, so....

• As a L&O and adventure game fan I grabbed this as soon as I found it went live.

Played a bit of the first episode, so far so good. The graphics do their job nicely and the presentation works. It does feel like the game runs on training wheels, telling you exactly when you interrogate just right after every single scene. It's not too much of a bother though, you get used to it. Still it would be nice to have a 'hardcore' setting where you see your performance only after the interview ends. Still, loads of fun.

In a L&O fan side, the voice actor behind Lenny Briscoe is doing a good job, and the actress giving voice to Olivia Benson could be Mariska Hargitay herself. Rey Curtis... it's serviceable, but his accent and spanish is definitely off. It's funny that Curtis got cast as the computer illiterate when interviewing the hacker, since he was the one who introduced Lenny and L&O in general to cyber crime. In one of his first cases, no less.

All in all, great job TT. This is a series I'll follow through to the end.

• I'm waiting for the pc release, but I watched a little bit of the first 10 minutes of the episode on youtube, and it actually looks pretty good! The style seems to work really well, and it looks pretty fun to play as well. More comments from me when the game is released on pc!

• @eblocksonian said: How did you do the second time?

I actually won the case and since i did well I could ask for the maximum sentence.

Add Comment