User Avatar Image

Character control

posted by Ja1862 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Will we be able to walk around as the character in this game?

Jurassic park felt like a step back to Back to the future, I hope this game feels more like a game.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Unfortunately, we've heard nothing about The Walking Dead gameplay-wise, even though it's just a month or two away. (Telltale really needs to get better at revealing information.)

They have said the gameplay will be different from anything they've done before, though. This means it won't be like Jurassic Park (yay!). But it also won't be like Sam and Max (boo!).

• I can't wait for it either! I am really looking forward on what made the difference when they said that its unlike your typical zombie games.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Unfortunately, we've heard nothing about The Walking Dead gameplay-wise, even though it's just a month or two away. (Telltale really needs to get better at revealing information.)

They have said the gameplay will be different from anything they've done before, though. This means it won't be like Jurassic Park (yay!). But it also won't be like Sam and Max (boo!).

What is two or so months away? More information or the actual game? I haven't heard any information regarding an official release date. More so, no indication of the game being anywhere near complete.

• They had said it would be out in the winter, so it's only a month or so away

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

No, there's no info on a release date. Absolutely NO info. Please don't make anything up.

This from just two weeks ago:

@harrisonpink said: I could give my grain-of-salt "it's looking like X", but then I'd hate to see my name show up on Kotaku as a cited source for an expected release date. Telltale's got other folks who can handle that pressure better than me! :p

• @Vainamoinen said: No, there's no info on a release date. Absolutely NO info. Please don't make anything up.

@Vainamoinen said: The Walking Dead is coming this winter.

I know it's possible it could get delayed again, so I wouldn't treat this as a guarantee it'll come out then, but there was an official confirmation.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I didn't even get that bit. That explains the "two month" frame mentioned in here. Still, it doesn't seem to be set in stone... we'll see in February. ;)

• I like the sound of that...It'd be nice to have a release in time with the 2nd half of the season....But keep up all the good and hard work fellers..

• Why do you need character control?
    JP was better than the "make the puppet run against invisible walls" of BTTF.

Direct control sucks. Even on L.A.Noire.

• Vain I suggest you do some research before rushing in here calling people liers....

Moving on

Heavy rain had character control, if it has something like that ot would be cool....

This discussion has been closed.