User Avatar Image

Haven't received any Newsletter since June

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Hi,
I haven't received any Interloper Newsletter since June. I revised my options, and the box "Send me the newsletter" is checked.
Why can't I receive the newsletter?
Thanks a lot.

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bloody Eugene said: Hi,
    I haven't received any Interloper Newsletter since June. I revised my options, and the box "Send me the newsletter" is checked.
    Why can't I receive the newsletter?
    Thanks a lot.

Have you checked your spam filter? Occasionally the Interloper gets sorted in there.

• @Alan Johnson said: Have you checked your spam filter? Occasionally the Interloper gets sorted in there.

Yeah, I checked - nothing in my spam folder. My Gmail account only keeps the last 30 days, but I'm pretty sure that it's not filed under spam because I made a rule that every mail that contains the word "telltale" should be automatically filed in a appropriate folder (and it works great when I receive anything from you like ordering mails or a PM notice).
    I also choosed "send me updates daily" checking evey box but I didn't receive anything.
    Nothing is happening. Can you check? What can I do? If needed contact me by PM.
    Thank you very much! :)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

A bunch of people mentioned the same issue in this thread last year. I've not received any Interlopers since then either. Confirmed they're not being spam filtered on my email account, and my ISP said they don't do automated spam filtering. Seems to have started after the sending address changed.

• @puzzlebox said: A bunch of people mentioned the same issue in this thread last year. I've not received any Interlopers since then either. Confirmed they're not being spam filtered on my email account, and my ISP said they don't do automated spam filtering. Seems to have started after the sending address changed.

That may be it actually. The current mailing list solution we use (started when the 'from' address changed) is very choosy about particular domains/email addresses/etc. we send to. I'm pretty sure that anybody that's ever put themselves on a do not email list is barred from receiving things from us and anybody else that sends using the same solution we do.

We always use the most current list information on our end but as every mailing must be parsed through their database, there's a good chance that some domains/addresses do not get served because of this. We're determining the viability of alternative mailing list solutions for the future right now but don't have a definite timeline on when/if a switch will be made. We'll certainly keep you posted on developments on that front.

Sincere apologies nonetheless.

• @Alan Johnson said: That may be it actually. The current mailing list solution we use (started when the 'from' address changed) is very choosy about particular domains/email addresses/etc. we send to. I'm pretty sure that anybody that's ever put themselves on a do not email list is barred from receiving things from us and anybody else that sends using the same solution we do.

We always use the most current list information on our end but as every mailing must be parsed through their database, there's a good chance that some domains/addresses do not get served because of this. We're determining the viability of alternative mailing list solutions for the future right now but don't have a definite timeline on when/if a switch will be made. We'll certainly keep you posted on developments on that front.

Sincere apologies nonetheless.

Does it means that I'm also ruled out from The Walking Dead Pre-Order Contest?
    If I'll win, I'll not receive the news in my mail? :(

• @Bloody Eugene said: Does it means that I'm also ruled out from The Walking Dead Pre-Order Contest?
    If I'll win, I'll not receive the news in my mail? :(

So... I just notice that I'm in the same position.
    Is this being sorted out?

• So since I still use Hotmail, I don't get the Interloper because someone else with a Hotmail address blocked the sender? That seems like a pretty big chunk of people not getting newsletters.

• I'm using Yahoo. I've been talking to one of the Telltale support people, but haven't been able to confirm a fix yet.

• I shot another email off to support@telltalegames.com today as a reminder that the issue is still unresolved.

• Job Stauffer (Telltale's PR Manager) assures me that he'll help get the issue resolved. I've mentioned this thread, so hopefuly whatever resolution comes about will help everybody else who's experienced it.

Add Comment