User Avatar Image

wow been over a year

posted by Michael J Fox is Canadian on - last edited - Viewed by 751 users

surprised it wasn't brought out but wow does time ever fly? We've gone through an entire year since the first episode was released and 7 months since the last was. Good to see this place still has activity.

Here's hoping we'll be doing the same song and dance in 2013!

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Looking back, this game ruined Telltale. Good story, though...

  • How did this game ruin Telltale!? This game is WINNING!

  • @mtonline said: How did this game ruin Telltale!? This game is WINNING!


    Specifically, the game is so idiotically, mind-numbingly simple that we have yet to find a person too stupid to finish it without thinking it was rather easy. In that way, I suppose it's the embodiment of winning, because it's a sort of middle school soccer league "trophies for everyone" moment.

  • ^
    I can't help but have the feeling there's a nod somewhere in there to Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

  • Man it's been over a year... We were so young back then. Times have change since then. No I woudn't say BTTF completely ruined Telltale, though it was stupidly simple and left alot of fans of adventure games and Telltale games pretty pissed. I just hope they've learned their mistake and won't do it again.

    I understand that they were trying to cater to fans of the movies, which was understandable, but DID have some negative impact in the community. Though that won't work on a liscense like, say, King's Quest. Mainly because it's a chance for Telltale to prove to long time adventure gamers that they've still got what it takes to make a solid Adventure Game.

    If they do what they did to Back to the Future to King's Quest, (Cater to new players too much. Mainly by making the puzzles simpler then they could've been and the gameplay much more dumbed down.) Not only will they recivev a serious backlash from the community, but people will start to leave because they've giving up on you.

    So yeah, always be mindful of the auience your truly catering to. Cheers to 1 year of BTTF: The game, and heres to Season 2 being 88x better! :D

  • @Nintendo Boy1 said: Man it's been over a year... We were so young back then. Times have change since then. No I woudn't say BTTF completely ruined Telltale, though it was stupidly simple and left alot of fans of adventure games and Telltale games pretty pissed. I just hope they've learned their mistake and won't do it again.



    3.jpg

  • @supmandude85 said: *snip*



    Well, yeah... There's that too...

  • @Nintendo Boy1 said: Man it's been over a year... We were so young back then. Times have change since then. No I woudn't say BTTF completely ruined Telltale, though it was stupidly simple and left alot of fans of adventure games and Telltale games pretty pissed. I just hope they've learned their mistake and won't do it again.



    Has there ever been any evidence that Telltale didn't gain more than they lost?

    I mean, at any given time, there are -- what? -- 100 folks on these forums? Let's assume those are the die-hard Telltale fans, and let's say they all hated Back to the Future. Let's say there are 10 times as many lurkers, who feel the same.

    That's 1,000 people who hate the game (again, just tossing out numbers here).

    If Telltale sold (say) 100,000 copies to folks who normally wouldn't touch adventure games, and those less-dedicated folks all enjoyed it . . . well, TellTale may not care that the diehards don't like it.

    As someone who makes his life from creative endeavors, I know it's important to realize that 10 people each posting 100 negative comments does not equal 1,000 angry people; it equals 10 angry loud people (who may or may not represent the larger whole).

  • @waitingforgo said: Has there ever been any evidence that Telltale didn't gain more than they lost?

    I mean, at any given time, there are -- what? -- 100 folks on these forums? Let's assume those are the die-hard Telltale fans, and let's say they all hated Back to the Future. Let's say there are 10 times as many lurkers, who feel the same.

    That's 1,000 people who hate the game (again, just tossing out numbers here).

    If Telltale sold (say) 100,000 copies to folks who normally wouldn't touch adventure games, and those less-dedicated folks all enjoyed it . . . well, TellTale may not care that the diehards don't like it.

    As someone who makes his life from creative endeavors, I know it's important to realize that 10 people each posting 100 negative comments does not equal 1,000 angry people; it equals 10 angry loud people (who may or may not represent the larger whole).



    Just because people paid for it doesn't mean shit. As someone who makes his life from creative endeavors, you should understand that when you make any form of entertainment you need to find it good. What you're saying comes down to "Telltale should keep making games they aren't proud of, because it'll get them money." The only reason they made so much money was Back to the Future is a big name. Plus, Jurassic Park was a huge embarrassing failure.

    Telltale left Lucasarts in the first place, because they quit making adventure games. Seems pretty hypocritical now that they've done the same thing.

Add Comment