User Avatar Image

Question about bonus disk

posted by SWGNATE on - last edited - Viewed by 752 users

Hi my question is.. if i bought the game on steam, am i eligible for the bonus disk if i show proof of purchase??

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think you're eligible, but I could be wrong... however, Telltale are often very cool with things like that, so I'd contact them and ask.

  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

    No you are not.
    Telltale makes more money from games sold from the Telltale Store than they do from Steam sales, so they can afford to reward their customers by offering them some perks (free disc - plus shipping, of course -, free soundtrack and audio commentary downloads - for Jurassic Park -, access to an insider forum,...) that they don't offer Steam buyers.

  • Also in the case of JP because of a stupid new policy there is only a DVD included if you bought the Deluxe Version - don't know, why this has changed :(

  • if I ask them about the bonus disc, i said some very bad things when i got banned, please forgive me telltale, also I would give it a shot

  • @MarkoH01 said: Also in the case of JP because of a stupid new policy there is only a DVD included if you bought the Deluxe Version - don't know, why this has changed :(

    Probably basic business sense; watching the forums nearly everyone seems to always either just got the downloads OR buy the deluxe edition. Because why pay to have a disc shipped when you can access the downloads anywhere anyway? So it was probably becoming financially un-viable to produce a basic version disc as it seems as if they probably did not sell. So they just keep the 2 formats that did sell: the basic download only and the deluxe download, disc and extra goodies.

  • @Macfly77 said: No you are not.
    Telltale makes more money from games sold from the Telltale Store than they do from Steam sales, so they can afford to reward their customers by offering them some perks (free disc - plus shipping, of course -, free soundtrack and audio commentary downloads - for Jurassic Park -, access to an insider forum,...) that they don't offer Steam buyers.

    Care to post in my thread? http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28137

    Or will you and everyone else at TTG continue to ignore another customer?

  • @Lukedfrt said: Care to post in my thread? http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28137

    Or will you and everyone else at TTG continue to ignore another customer?

    Macfly doesn't work for Telltale. He's just a mod.

  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

    @RAnthonyMahan said: Macfly doesn't work for Telltale. He's just a mod.


    Indeed. And I'm pretty sure that my signature makes mention of my non-Telltale employment...

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: Macfly doesn't work for Telltale. He's just a mod.

    @RAnthonyMahan said: Indeed. And I'm pretty sure that my signature makes mention of my non-Telltale employment...

    And the job of a mod is to help and assist the community, i only asked a simple question weeks ago but no reply from a single mod or member of the TTG Team. I know the game was bad but i didn't think the forums could be this bad :rolleyes:

  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

    Lukedfrt, moderators on this forum CANNOT help you with purchase questions/questions about programming/etc. We don't know nor are privy to this information at all. Moderators' jobs involve board management- ie moving threads to the proper subforums or banning a user that infringes on policy (posting nudity or obscenities, for example).

    That sort of question needs to go to Telltale staff, not us.

Add Comment