User Avatar Image

Sooo anyone belive time travel is possible

posted by yoman45135 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

So anyone here have any theorys of time travel, a lot of people say there are 'tears' in space and time allowing you to travel throught time for a short amount of time, but most people who claim they have fell victim to this have been proved to be lying sooo...

Anyway Einsteins theory M = sqaure (I think thats the one) says time travel is not possible but he might be wrong.

Personally I think if it was real we would all be screwed and everything would be diffrent anyway so it has not happened.

(If that makes any sense)

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If one were to travel back in time, he'd just be going to an alternate reality anyway so no, our own current time line doesn't change, if that was what you were asking.

• I don't believe time travel is possible. If it does then I hope no one tries invent it. That's the kind of thing that can be abused to create an alternate timeline. Not to mention that you can't avoid paradoxes in reality.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I believe in time travel... forwards only. That's essentially what Einstein's relativity theory is talking about. After all, it's been almost an hour since the OP posted this, so he's moved that amount of time ahead in time.

• @divisionten said: I believe in time travel... forwards only. That's essentially what Einstein's relativity theory is talking about. After all, it's been almost an hour since the OP posted this, so he's moved that amount of time ahead in time.

actually thats just time. But i agree Einsteins theory seems to be the most plausible that being travel to the future is only possible. Now that being said there's been possible instances, the philadelphia experiment for example which may or may not have resulted in 10 sectonds into the past.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: actually thats just time. But i agree Einsteins theory seems to be the most plausible that being travel to the future is only possible. Now that being said there's been possible instances, the philadelphia experiment for example which may or may not have resulted in 10 sectonds into the past.

That's just an urban legend, that has already been debunked many times. I'm interested in those apparently time traveling neutrinos at Cern :).

• If time travel is possible, it is only possible to do moving forward through time.

If time travel were possible moving backwards through time, we would already have tourists from the future all over the place.

• @Scnew said: If time travel is possible, it is only possible to do moving forward through time.

If time travel were possible moving backwards through time, we would already have tourists from the future all over the place.

What if we're in "Timeline A."

• @supmandude85 said: What if we're in "Timeline A."

I believe that time travel would follow Terminator Rules.

• alternate time travel, for the win. the universe is just tooo big for just a singular time line. if your gonna mess up the past, i say do it as many times as you want and do it in a delorean!

• @yoman45135 said: Anyway Einsteins theory M = sqaure (I think thats the one) says time travel is not possible but he might be wrong.

Yes, in fact, that is the one. M = sqaure in Einsteinese means time travel is not possible.

Add Comment