User Avatar Image

Disney: thread

posted by bloodkiller630 on - last edited - Viewed by 373 users

@bloodkiller630 said: ok, ive gotten back into Disney movies guys, I love The Lion King, plus The Lion King 1/2, also ive just recently watched Tarzan, really good movies all three, also Brother Bear awesome. Well for you Disney fans out there what is your favorite Disney movies and why, mine are those three for a reason, because I watched them movies over and over again from kid too 18! So just post your favorite Disney movie and tell why it's your favorite:)

Let's fix this. - GuruGuru214

Okay, I've gotten back into Disney movies, guys. I love The Lion King and The Lion King 1/2. Also, I've just recently watched Tarzan. All three are really good movies. Also, Brother Bear is awesome.

Well, for you Disney fans out there, what are your favorite Disney movies and why? Mine are those three, because I watched them over and over again from the time I was a kid to age 18! So just post your favorite Disney movie and tell why it's your favorite. :)

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Did you even read what you typed? Like, at all? I just... Grammar... Typing... That was so painful to read. Just... Owww.

• It was more readable than some of the things you've typed when drunk. Maybe he's drunk.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

On topic, please, or threadlock.

/topic:

I know it's a blatant ripoff of an 80's anime, and probably the reason I like it so much, but I've always had a soft spot for Atlantis.

• I love Lion King because of Scar, Little Mermaid because of Ursula, Beauty and the Beast because of Gaston, and Aladdin because it's awesome.

• Sleeping Beauty has some of the best and most visionary art I've ever seen in a movie. The art direction for that movie is genius. Patterned after old illuminated texts like those produced by the Byzantine monks, the illustrations are both flat and yet incredibly deep all at the same time.

This thread needs to be about more than just favorite movies, but the pioneering art that Disney engineered, the multiplane camera, the theory of line, the vision of guys like the Nine Old Men, etc. My entire life and artistic bent has been heavily influenced by Disney.

• Although mostly every Disney movie up to the late 90's has been my favourite at some point, Aladdin is probably the one that stands out as a "can watch it over and over" example. I usually like the adventure movies written by Elliot/Rossio, and Robin Williams' Genie is hilarious. Artistically, I haven't really liked many Disney movies since after Tarzan and before Tangled, which is my most recent favourite because it's married the 90's Disney drawing style so well with 3D computer animation.

• I liked Treasure Planet despite its being thoroughly mediocre in some respects.

• @divisionten said: On topic, please, or threadlock.

/topic:

I know it's a blatant ripoff of an 80's anime, and probably the reason I like it so much, but I've always had a soft spot for Atlantis.

It's also a blatant ripoff of Stargate.

Anyway, I don't see why this thread should be stood up for. It's not even that great of a topic. No mention of Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aristocats, Rescuers Down Under, Ub Iwerks, Song of the South, Davy Crockett, Treasure Island, Silly Symphonies, The Three Caballeros, etc. etc. etc.

DAISHI is the only person who has made even a worthwhile contribution to this topic, and the rest of it bores me. I only even came back to the topic to agree with him.

• I should probably just post the Skype chat about Fantasia that I was having with Dashing. Which was actually more about why my grandfather hates it and I kinda feel ambivalent as some of the artistic interpretations seem to contradict the original intent of the music. And since I've grown up loving the music used in the film just for itself, it seems as if the alterations forced on it by the constrictive images neuter the original sound. If this makes any sense. Music is probably the most difficult art form to quantify or explain.

Add Comment