User Avatar Image

The zombies on the front page look...funny.

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

I don't know, there's something off about them. Besides the obvious fact that they're zombies.

Is this just me?

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They do look too cartoony, but that's just Telltale graphics.

Take Law & Order, Back to the Future, and Jurassic Park for examples. The graphics are pure cartoon.

• I think they look pretty faithful to the source material .. let me show you what I mean...

Here is a comparison shot from TTG and from a panel from the comic.
    zombiesj.jpg

NOW lets take that same image take out the color and some of the midtones (sacrificing some of the awesome detail unfortunately) and here is what we have... I personally do not see anything wrong with what I have seen from this game so far.
    zombies2j.jpg

• It does look a little better there.

Hmm, I just realized how important being black and white is to how The Walking Dead looks.

• I am ok with it being in color.. For all the reasons mentioned in this video... Skip to 1:55 to hear the part addressing black and white.
    http://cdn.telltalegames.com/videos/walkingdead/QA1.mp4

• @Irishmile said: I think they look pretty faithful to the source material .. let me show you what I mean...

Here is a comparison shot from TTG and from a panel from the comic.
    zombiesj.jpg

NOW lets take that same image take out the color and some of the midtones (sacrificing some of the awesome detail unfortunately) and here is what we have... I personally do not see anything wrong with what I have seen from this game so far.
    zombies2j.jpg

Wow that does make the zombies look more like the comic books. Telltale need to just show this whenever they explain their artstyle.

• Yeah... I think it looks great... I also think that in static shots the black and white looks cool.. but for a game that is moving and has details you need to pay attention to it would be lost if it was in B&W.. that is when color really is the way to go..

Sorry... I think I may have derailed this topic..

• See, now That's much better.

• just wait until we see it moving with sound and music... I think it will be something really special.

• The game is certainly not black and white, but it is less saturated than that zombie image on the homepage. Also, Irishmile, that's an awesome comparison pic. The game would look crazy in motion with that filtering over the top of it, but it does show where our art team was going for inspiration.

• It's interesting how the black & white and filtered images look so much scarier..

This discussion has been closed.