User Avatar Image

Why do people constantly slam this game?

posted by InGenWorker on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I’ve seen so many people slagging off this game, and frankly I just don’t understand it. This game has a ace plot line, as well as the best graphics a JP game has ever had!

I have my suspicious that people only wanted a good-graphic version of Trespasser. Telltale made it very, very clear back when they were in earlier development, that this would NOT be a dinosaur shooting game, and more like a sort of interactive movie. And so, they automatically blame the newest (and actually one of the best) Jurassic Park game, that it isn’t what they wanted.

And anyway, a dinosaur shooting game wouldn’t make any sense, in Jurassic Park. On the whole of Isla Nublar, there is a total of one T.rex, and very few Raptor’s left now, and it’s nearly the same for Isla Sorna. If they where, to say, make a Jurassic Park shooting game, people would then complain that it was poorly constructed, what with there being faaarrrr to many carnivores. There are two choices when it comes to Jurassic Park Game’s: Well put together and in-depth plots, or plot less shooting.

I’ve also heard the term ‘Lazy Development’ passed around rather frequently. This also, is incorrect, as almost as much work would have been put into Telltales Game, as would have, say, a good-graphic version of Trespasser. The T.rex roar was just a genuine mistake, I’d like to see some of these people who talk bad about the game because of this make a better game. And then of course, there’s the small delay on the games release, which I would like to point out, Telltale made up with releasing a Deluxe Edition of the game. (And I’d like to point out, also tied a few loose ends up from the movie, like the whole size issue and frill of the Dilo’s, and Triceratops/Torosaurus situation.)

There’s then whole ‘Cut Episode’ thing, but let’s keep in mind the reason this episode was cut was to get it released sooner, because we wouldn’t stop bugging them about it.

And that’s it, if you were expecting a shooter game, despite everything that you have been told by the producers, then you sir (or madam), are a nitwit.

That’s my small rant over; I just wanted to make it very clear to Telltale, that there are some people out there who appreciate their work. (And would also, be very, very greatful for a sequel game! :) )

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shadowknight1 said: As for "fixing bugs", most game companies don't do that unless it's an online game or if there's a huge amount of people unable to play it because of "bugs", such as Bethesda having to patch Skyrim just so PS3 owners could play the game or Nintendo releasing a fix for Skyward Sword that fixes a save file if you happen to get a glitch that breaks the game and doesn't allow you to press forward.

Jurassic Park and Back to the Future both suffer from being licensed games. That means they have to put them out as soon as possible, which sometimes means that glitches happen.

They are all excuses, the point is TTG released Jurassic Park on PS3 and it doesn't work properly, if they actually gave a damn about their customers they would fix these bugs or at the very least keep them updated on the forum.
    I have messaged Michael Parks twice and do i have a reply? No.

• @Lukedfrt said: I have messaged Michael Parks twice and do i have a reply? No.

That is flat-out untrue. I've addressed your concerns multiple times, and I've told you repeatedly that I would post an update as soon as I had one.

• Luke, just give it up man. We've made our points clear in the relevant threads. Harping on it more is just going to be considered trolling and piss off Telltale. It's obvious that they've seen what you have to say, and you're only risking getting banned by posting stuff like this in every thread. My only problem is the gamebreaking PS3 framerate issue, but you seem to hate the game all-around when one looks at all of your posts.

The only way to get legitimate issues for the game fixed is to act civil and hope that Telltale will be kind enough to make their product fully available to customers who bought it. It's not an unreasonable demand, but posting anti-TTG comments in every thread is going to make them even more disinclined to fix their game than they already are.

"Why would we want to fix our game for a guy like this who acts like such a know-it-all asshole?"

• Its the internet and people ingeneral im almost sad to call myself a gamer now days use to be a time gamers where content with their games they would play them get immersed beat their game and move on now days every game and i mean EVEYGAME has nothing but hateful spiteful spoiled gamers whos eem to think everygame needs to be catered around them. Make you wonder why they dont get up and go make their own games since they obviously know whats best for a game now days.

• @Goldrock said: Its the internet and people ingeneral im almost sad to call myself a gamer now days use to be a time gamers where content with their games they would play them get immersed beat their game and move on now days every game and i mean EVEYGAME has nothing but hateful spiteful spoiled gamers whos eem to think everygame needs to be catered around them. Make you wonder why they dont get up and go make their own games since they obviously know whats best for a game now days.

Yes, well, that's what's happened when gaming became more of a lifestyle than a hobby. This is due both to gamers themselves and many developers. The Mass Effect series is a perfect example of this. Many young people have played through those games for a significant portion of their lives, and now they're complaining about the illogical and dismal endings. I'm not saying that they're wrong, but it just shows how much gaming has changed. The involved mindset that many of us are in is due to the addition of complicated continuing stories between games in a series, making them feel personal to us. This paradigm moves on to games that are just one-shots, as is the case with much of the criticism of story in the Jurassic Park game. It's bad, yeah, but I'm not sure that it's worth criticizing or avoiding playing, as I did get a certain amount of entertainment from it up until Episode 4 glitched out to the point of unplayability for me.

• @Goldrock said: Its the internet and people ingeneral im almost sad to call myself a gamer now days use to be a time gamers where content with their games they would play them get immersed beat their game and move on now days every game and i mean EVEYGAME has nothing but hateful spiteful spoiled gamers whos eem to think everygame needs to be catered around them. Make you wonder why they dont get up and go make their own games since they obviously know whats best for a game now days.

That's because back then...

1. The Internet wasn't mainstream yet. Complainers still existed, but they were a lot harder to spot.

2. Video games as a whole were mainly directed towards children, who tend not to have discriminating tastes and will like almost anything you show them.

People weren't always content back then, though. My eight-year-old self was swearing up a storm after renting Superman 64 from Blockbuster. :p

• @Michael Parks said: That is flat-out untrue. I've addressed your concerns multiple times, and I've told you repeatedly that I would post an update as soon as I had one.

I've seen you reply to my thread twice, and the last post was about a month ago. You should have said ages ago that their will be no patch because that is clearly the decision TTG have made and that is why i will never purchase another product from them again. They are a joke.

• @Lukedfrt said: I've seen you reply to my thread twice, and the last post was about a month ago. You should have said ages ago that their will be no patch because that is clearly the decision TTG have made and that is why i will never purchase another product from them again. They are a joke.

Did he say that? No, he said he'd let you know if there were any updates. It seems to me that you're determined to hate them no matter what, so take your troll *** outta here, mmkay?

• @Shadowknight1 said: Did he say that? No, he said he'd let you know if there were any updates. It seems to me that you're determined to hate them no matter what, so take your troll *** outta here, mmkay?

Love how im the one at fault here :rolleyes:
    I pay money for a broken game but im the criminal, good luck with more money grabbing from the walking dead game TellTale. Cant wait too see you lose more customers and go bankrupt! :D

• Jesus Christ, let go. I'm upset over a lot of Telltale's recent decisions myself, but I don't seize every chance I can to whine about it. You make me miss the more subtle anger of lattsam wanting the Hit the Road VAs back.

Add Comment