User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park:Trespasser remake game

posted by vagrantart on - last edited - Viewed by 13.8K users

Hey, For the last month or so I've been working on a remake of the Jurassic park game Trespasser in my spare time.I have been modelling and building Isla sorna/site B based loosely on the 1997 game and I am close to finishing the first section level of the environment.Below are some images of the starting point plane crash site and the foundations of the site B hotel.You can find out more info on my blog http://sharkswithjetpacks.blogspot.co.uk/ and feel free to comment/ask questions

trespa11.jpgtrespa12.jpg

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Cool! Great news that you are going to use the original music! going to be the best game ever when it is finished!!!

• Here's a link to the full flythrough of the environment,it's pretty long but its a big map!.Still some work in progress..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNy4_ztKn8

• OOHHHH MYY GOD! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is the greatest game ever!!!:D

I had my mouth open on the floor through the whole video!:eek:

This looks exactly as I hoped it would, the music! The GRAPHICS OMG!:cool:

Great job on the dinosaurs, It felt like I was right in Jurassic Park!:)

How did you do this???:confused: It's so perfect! So professional!

Jurassic Park Trespasser Deserved a good remake and you made it possible! Thank you!

So how have you been doing with the models of the weapons and such? Hope you add some other great weapons to this game and i'm glad you kept the nostalgia of the original. Sometimes when someone makes a remake they take too many stuff out, but you didn't take anything out and you made it better! That's a wonderful sign of a good level designer! GREAT JOB!;)

• thanks,youtube compressed the vid so its a little jumpy (plus i had the draw distance set way too high).The music took ages to edit together,was a few different tracks from JP 1-JP3.
    The dinosaurs were just put in to show where they'll be eventually,I didnt make them or anything.I wish i had animated them a little more for the video but the skeleton rigs in them were no good for making them walk.

• I have always dreamed to play a Jurassic park game where you could explore at your own pace so I loved the idea trespasser had, i didn’t like the clunky control but i could live with it until i got to the town, it felt so boring because it was... empty, nothing there made me want to explore the place.

I think one of the things that pulled me off was that it seemed like even when people where fleeing the place they also had time to take all the furniture, equipment, gear and stuff with them, so the place was unrealistically empty and boring.

I really like what you have done so far, i do hope you don’t stick too close to the original and go a bit beyond by adding detail that’s fun to watch and explore, maybe add things that could tell some background story, something like a room with some blood, so it can feel like something happened there, If you add something like a crib you can add emotions to the player and leave a story for the player to imagine, etc.

If you see Fallout 3, it’s kind of empty, but the little details and the stuff you find make the place really fun to explore.

• I agree with glenfx, Give it your own bit of magic and add things to the game.

• You included the cable cars!!!! I've always said I thought cable cars would be awesome in a JP environment.

• I love that feature TOO!!! Great addition Vagrantart. Because once you go up the hill to the visitors center you can activate the cable car and then you wouldn't have to go through the raptor infested forests to get to the visitors center when you go back and forth! Good One Vangrantart!

• Sorry for lack of updates,I've been working a ton and haven't made a huge amount of progress besides some optimization.Put together a quick first person look video tonight just for fun-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Dkp4l_VYg

• Another Great Video! Make Sure You Make Third Person View As Well As First Person! If You Can. Keep Up The Good Work!

Add Comment