User Avatar Image

Music associations

posted by Smollie on - last edited - Viewed by 411 users

So I got the aud-music-file-extractor.
I extracted the music for every S&M episode.
I got to editing the whole bunch into a nice game score-overview.
I am listening to some of the early results.
And guess what?

I find that a lot of the jazzy music somewhat reminds me of the jazzy music of the Twin Peaks series. Which is a good thing.

So, am I the only one with this association?:confused:
And/or... what other music does the S&M score remind you forumfolks of?

8 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I really like the Twin Peaks soap-noir jazz. It's so perfect for the weirdness in that series. So it goes without saying, that this dark jazzy style goes perfectly with Sam & Max. Although, of course, the style is a bit more comical.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Man, how I love Jared's music for the game!:D

• I think Bozeke is a fan as well :)

• film noir.. old school jazz

• I've done exactly the same as you.

Although, I need to open up Audacity some time to 'make good' some of the endings.

(Most of my music play list is video game music or remixes of video game music.)

• @RabidZombie said: (Most of my music play list is video game music or remixes of video game music.)

Ah, and what era of gamingmusic do you like most?
    I have a nostalgic love for the music of the good old C64 games. I used to tape those SID-tunes on a cassette.
    Nowadays there is the SID-player and The High Voltage SID Collection to satisfy my retro needs.:cool:

And then there is the wonderful sound of MIDI. MIDI is forever linked in my memories with those classic adventure games of the late 80s and early 90s.

I guess you're familiar with the Galbadia Hotel Website? http://gh.ffshrine.org/
    If not it's definitely worth checking out.

I do think it's incredibly cool that gamedevelopers use entire orchestras nowadays. It makes for hefty gameplay as in Secret Weapons over Normandy, or Call of Duty.

• @Smollie said: And/or... what other music does the S&M score remind you forumfolks of?

Some of it has reminded me of the music from Grim Fandango, which I think is a tremendous compliment.

Add Comment