User Avatar Image

Some simple questions about TWD...

posted by Solid11 on - last edited - Viewed by 491 users

First, can not wait for this!!!

Next, so is the pre-order for the entire series or just the first episode? So $24.99 for all 5 episodes right?

Last, more of a comment. Seeing that the first episode will be about 2 hours in length, does waiting a month for each episode make any sense? That is a long time between sessions. Unless there is some replayability to each episode. I could be dead in 5 months.....then a zombie.

Thanks

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

@Solid11 said: First, can not wait for this!!!

Next, so is the pre-order for the entire series or just the first episode? So $24.99 for all 5 episodes right?

Yup, that's the cost for the entire season. What a deal, right?

• Really good deal I admit, but what about my death and being a zombie in waiting?.......

Gaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

• This is the same kind of conundrum I ran into with Mass Effect games....

YES there is replayability! You can make different choices, have different characters die, do and say different things with differing results and change how other characters feel about you.....

The problem is, do you want to immediately go back and replay another save file with different actions? I didn't with ME cuz there's no way I'd keep track of multiple diff choices in same scenarios. I want to play thru all 5 seasons once, get my satisfying gamegasm, then start over from the beginning.

I'm not sure how I'll pass the time waiting for the other seasons.... I guess Max Payne 3 and Sniper Elite V2

• yea i was wondering about this too just a measly 5 episodes i wish t hey would have let Tel do more...

• Ya just when you get into the game it's over and you wait 718 hours until you can continue with the story. So either don't play any of them until the final one is released or replay what ever episodes you have when each is released. I never could put down a book when it started getting good, can't with games either.
    I hope there is more than 5.

• @Solid11 said: Ya just when you get into the game it's over and you wait 718 hours until you can continue with the story. So either don't play any of them until the final one is released or replay what ever episodes you have when each is released. I never could put down a book when it started getting good, can't with games either.
    I hope there is more than 5.

You obviously don't read TWD comic book then.....

There's almost ALWAYS a cliffhanger every month, and then you have the agonizing month or more wait for the next issue! SUCKS. However they're almost to issue 100(96 came out yesterday, it was so-so. Least interesting issue in the whole series but still good) so they will be coming out every 3 weeks for the next few months which will be nice.

At least it will be 2-3hrs of gameplay instead of 20min of comic reading? Tryin to look on the brightside lol I hope the wait doesn't kill us

• I actually thought when they said you get 5 episodes that you get to play through the entire 5 episodes upon release it sucks having to wait each month to continue the game...:{

• @xBlackDragon7x said: I actually thought when they said you get 5 episodes that you get to play through the entire 5 episodes upon release it sucks having to wait each month to continue the game...:{

They wouldn't really be episodes if they all came out at once, it would just be a game split into chapters. Just like a TV show or a comic book, you can wait a bit and play them in bigger chunks, or you can play them as they come out serially and talk about them with your friends, speculate as to what will happen, and get annoyed about the time between episodes together as a group!

• i think your right on Jake about us being annoyed by the wait lol

• @xBlackDragon7x said: i think your right on Jake about us being annoyed by the wait lol

It is misery that binds us.
    And that is how we overcome a zombie apocalypse... or even the wait for each episode. :D

This discussion has been closed.