I felt the need to create another thread, because the last one I had got taken over by people complaining about the Walking Dead getting delayed.
I recently bought the Walking Dead preorder/Almost Everything combo. I have downloaded and installed many of the games. But whenever I try to launch them, all I get is a page with background art, and a bunch of blank buttons and text fields. Since the text fields won't accept any input, I am unable to login and authorize my games.
I am not the 1st Mac user to experience this, here are some of the threads I've found discussing the same problem, or a very similar one. None of the threads I've read contain any effective answer from a Telltale employee, most of them don't even have a single response from a Telltale employee.
It upsets me greatly that this is a problem that has existed for a few years and has not been officially addressed by Telltale.
In addition to my recent forum posts, I also sent in a handful of emails to the support email address. I have received 1 automated response, and one personal response advising me to try something I had already tried.
I understand that Telltale is having some big server issues, and are probably using all their resources to get those fixed, but this is a problem that appears to have been around since 2010, and should have been addressed by now.
I really want to play the games I bought. I request that this thread get acknowledged by a Telltale employee, and that I am given the solution to my problem, or, if no solution currently exists, an indication that a solution is being worked out.
Thank you, and please respond soon.
[Some more info on my situation:
Issue number I was given in the auto-response email: [issue-58120]
My computer specs:
OS X 10.7.3
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB Memory
AMD Radeon HD 6630 256mb
Some of the things I've tried:
- "Turn off firewall/antivirus" (My firewall has been off the whole time, I don't have any anti virus programs)
- "Turn wifi off, try offline activation" (Problem persists, text fields remain empty, buttons stay blank)
- "Run the game from the Terminal" (Did nothing)
- "Reinstall/Redownload" (First thing I did, have tried it many times since)
- "Cry" (Almost...)
- "Change permissions/Try as Admin/convert file in disk utility" (None of that worked)
- "Download them from a different browser." (Switched browsers from Safari to Firefox, problem persists)
- "Rename the game files" (Enter in the file names by hand, but it didn't help. They were correct when I downloaded them, anyway.)
And pretty much everything else mentioned in the older threads I linked to. ]