User Avatar Image

About the Steam code

posted by genkal on - last edited - Viewed by 728 users

First of all thanks for the code :)
I'd like to show that there are some customers who understand that problems might happen and appreciate what you did to apologize.

By the way, do we now own all the 5 episodes on steam or just the first one?

Thanks again!

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @genkal said: First of all thanks for the code :)
    I'd like to show that there are some customers who understand that problems might happen and appreciate what you did to apologize.

By the way, do we now own all the 5 episodes on steam or just the first one?

Thanks again!

Just the first one. I'm thankful for the steam code, and techincal problems can happen. What I'm curious about is why it was released on steam so early? Did they have an old build, as they wanted to meet their target deadline?

• My understanding is that this key is for the first episode only

• The PC version does not get separate episodes, only the full season. So the Steam key is for the complete season of TWD.

• And what about the savegames, should I play by using Steam, when the game will be released on the TT website?

• @Danny_HR: That is your understanding or did someone from TTG confirm this?

• @jojoman said: And what about the savegames, should I play by using Steam, when the game will be released on the TT website?

The savegames work on both versions.
    But why would you not use the SteamVersion?

• @Sillium said: @Danny_HR: That is your understanding or did someone from TTG confirm this?

I know PC didn't get the episodes separately, but it is my understanding that the key is for the full season.

It's logical if you look at it. How can there be a code for a single TWD episode on steam if the game is only sold complete?

• @der_ketzer said: The savegames work on both versions.
    But why would you not use the SteamVersion?

Because I hate to install Steam. It's bloated, full of DRM and spyware-like program in my opinion. You can think differently, and that's ok to me: but anyone decides what to install on his own PC :) If I wanted to use Steam, I would have bought the game from Steam, otherwise, and not directly from TT. I'll just wait the full release on TT server.

• I'd really like a confirmation from some dev if that code is for the 5 episodes or just the first one..

• @genkal said: I'd really like a confirmation from some dev if that code is for the 5 episodes or just the first one..

Its for all 5 episodes if you bought the 25$ pack. THE OTHER EPISODES ARE NOT RELEASED YET.

You will be receiving a new episode each month.

This discussion has been closed.