User Avatar Image

Thoughts from those who have finished Episode 1? (No Spoiler version)

posted by The Gentleman on - last edited - Viewed by 297 users

How is the game? Is the gameplay fun? How is the story?


No spoilers though. I'm waiting to see if I want to buy this or not.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You can't go wrong with $5 per episode.

    If you love the comics and think the TV show is meh, this is going to be worth more than $5.

  • Overall I really like the game so far. It has just about the perfect amount of action, puzzle and character development. There were a few times where I was actually startled. As great as everything else is, the story probably stood out the most for me. Just like the Walking Dead series (be it comic or TV) I felt like this was a very believable universe.

    Even though I felt it's worth every penny I spent, I do wish that some of the puzzles were more difficult and there be more of it. I kind of miss the days of Monkey Island when I felt like the game world was much bigger and I was able to explore it and discover different things.

  • Awesome, thanks.


    I was a little on the fence about this because of the bad reception of JP. (Which I haven't actually bought because of that)

  • I bought JP and it was the first game I've bought from TTG that I really regret... I was very much looking forward to JP and it was a huge let down. I didn't even bother finishing the first episode. TWD definitely restored my confidence in TTG though :)

  • Simply amazing. Easily the best thing Telltale's done since The Devil's Playhouse (not that it has much competition there, though).

    However, I still miss traditional Sam and Max/Monkey Island-style point-and-click adventures. While The Walking Dead's gameplay style is by no means bad, I'd like to see Telltale return to their roots soon.

  • Simply stated: The game is good. Buy it and enjoy

  • @Weili said: I bought JP and it was the first game I've bought from TTG that I really regret... I was very much looking forward to JP and it was a huge let down. I didn't even bother finishing the first episode. TWD definitely restored my confidence in TTG though :)



    Boo Hoo. You didn't like Jurassic Park. Quit being a cry baby. Remember, God doesn't like crybabies...

    See what I did there? Being unsatisfied is not the same as crying about something now is it?

  • @Licence2KlLL said: Boo Hoo. You didn't like Jurassic Park. Quit being a cry baby. Remember, God doesn't like crybabies...

    See what I did there? Being unsatisfied is not the same as crying about something now is it?


    lol

    Stating that one didn't enjoy a game is not the same as one whining and crying like a little turd just because the latter lacks patience and has nothing better to do than hitting F5 on their keyboard until their index finger bled and explode into nerd rage.

    In the end, attacking me won't get you your steam key any quicker lol

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: Simply amazing. Easily the best thing Telltale's done since The Devil's Playhouse (not that it has much competition there, though).

    However, I still miss traditional Sam and Max/Monkey Island-style point-and-click adventures. While The Walking Dead's gameplay style is by no means bad, I'd like to see Telltale return to their roots soon.



    Wow.

    I loved The Devil's Playhouse. So yeah, buying when I can.

  • @Weili said: lol

    Stating that one didn't enjoy a game is not the same as one whining and crying like a little turd just because the latter lacks patience and has nothing better to do than hitting F5 on their keyboard until their index finger bled and explode into nerd rage.

    In the end, attacking me won't get you your steam key any quicker lol



    lol Saying "I didn't get my key either. Pretty annoying" is far from showing 1. Impatience; or 2. Representing that the person is hitting "any" key repeatedly. I wasn't even attacking you idiot. Just making a point that you obviously lack the intelligence to understand. Here's a hint, now I am attacking you. lol!

Add Comment