User Avatar Image

Mistakes, plot holes and comic canon violations in the game (spoilers)

posted by Actinguy1 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

When you're in the pharmacy and trying to get the keys, you discover you're locked in and nobody has the code to the lock.

So the answer to the puzzle is you have to go to the motel to save Glenn, and get the fireaxe while you're there.

Ummm...

How can I go to the motel when I'm LOCKED INSIDE THE PHARMACY?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dont you go through tje back door?

• When you go to the motel you get a short cut scene where you see Lee and Carley going trough the office where a back door is leading into an alley. That is how they got out.

• @Actinguy1 said: When you're in the pharmacy and trying to get the keys, you discover you're locked in and nobody has the code to the lock.

So the answer to the puzzle is you have to go to the motel to save Glenn, and get the fireaxe while you're there.

Ummm...

:confused:

There's a door in the office that's obstructed. I take it they just moved the wood and got out to save Glenn.

• There are 2 exits. One leeds to the Street (where the TV shop is). The other one is the door in the office which leeds to the motel. It's the one the group uses to escape in the end..

It's confusing because you never really see Lee open that door.

EDIT: Oh, you guys are quick.

• Though that doesn't explain how Glenn and Carly got out the front door to rescue Lee's group in the first place. Unless they simply hadn't decided to lock the gate the first time they went in there to hide, but why wouldn't they?

• Thanks for the replies! I did know about the alley door, but why can't I just go out that door to get the keys? Oh well...thanks guys!

• @Actinguy1 said: When you're in the pharmacy and trying to get the keys, you discover you're locked in and nobody has the code to the lock.

Ummm...

I understand having the back door and going to the motel that way, but if you go outside with Doug prior to going to the motel, and do everything out there you can, Lee makes out like you are stuck there because of the lock.

I think it is just something that was overlooked. :)

• @Actinguy1 said: Thanks for the replies! I did know about the alley door, but why can't I just go out that door to get the keys? Oh well...thanks guys!

I don't know if they ever showed it explicitly in the game, but it's a back alley so it may have been effectively blocked off from the street by the building or fencing of what have you. This could also explain why people are able to come and go that way without ever attracting the attention of the walkers out front. You can circle around eventually to get to the street, but you'd run into a lot of zombies on the way unless they're distracted by something (like the final attack).

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: I don't know if they ever showed it explicitly in the game, but it's a back alley so it may have been effectively blocked off from the street by the building or fencing of what have you. This could also explain why people are able to come and go that way without ever attracting the attention of the walkers out front. You can circle around eventually to get to the street, but you'd run into a lot of zombies on the way unless they're distracted by something (like the final attack).

Good point, though being only Macon, GA., I would not expect completely blocked off alleys like you would see somewhere like NYC, but the reasoning is still very sound.

• True, but it looked like the drugstore was on the corner of an L-shaped row of shops, so they would at least have the length of the building on either side blocking them from the zombie herd in the street.

Also, when you first saw the drugstore, did anyone else think it was reminiscent of...well, the last place that we had to hole up in against a zombie invasion in a Telltale game?

Add Comment