User Avatar Image

Day or night?

posted by Desmodus87 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I've only played through once, and I decided to go before it got dark, but now I'm curious about how many people chose to go during the night, and how it worked out for them.
Did anyone actually decide to venture out at night?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did on my second play-through. Instead of meeting Shawn and his redneck friend (whose name I forget), you meet Shawn and his cop friend (whose name I also forget).

Lee and Clem venture out of the house and are almost immediately shot at by the police officer. Lee thinks they're coming after him, but really the officer just thought they were walkers. Then everyone introduces themselves and they drive off. After that, the game plays out exactly the same.

• I'm sure it will change the story later. As Chet dies if you wait til night to go out. I chose night for my first playthrough because it just made sense.
    This decision also affects what time it is when you meet Hershel and leads to a few different dialogue choices there as well.

• It affects how enthusiastic hershel is about building a fence.
    At night time the dead friend shows hershel the need for the fence, daytime he is very skeptical.
    Guess it doesn't matter in the long run since fence is never done

• I definitely think its going make a difference if you chose to leave at day or night in future episodes. Chet or Officer Mitchell will for sure be a part of the story later on depending on which you chose.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Yeah, it feels a little strange how quickly these characters popped up and disappeared again. You have a lot of options to influence Hershel, for example... somehow I think we haven't seen the last of him as well.

• Do you think these guys depending on who you met will actually make a return in some of the later episodes?

• @Ja1862 said: Do you think these guys depending on who you met will actually make a return in some of the later episodes?

I would imagine so (depending on which path you took of course)..

• I'm hoping they both return and add different scenarios to the story

• @Ja1862 said: I'm hoping they both return and add different scenarios to the story

More than likely, because just choosing whether to leave Clem's house in day or nighttime has HUGE consequences for Shawn's friend..

• @Capn Tucker said: More than likely, because just choosing whether to leave Clem's house in day or nighttime has HUGE consequences for Shawn's friend..

nail'd it

This discussion has been closed.