User Avatar Image

The great next episode prediction thread! *SPOILERS*

posted by WabbitTwaks on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

The Ep 2 preview gave a little away so we all know there will be some editions to our group, but what else will happen? Here's what I think....

First, we will have to get power restored in the motel, if it is even possible. Not often a motel will have a generator handy. We may have to try to find one, or barricade ourselves in at night.

I think the next one to die will be Carley/Doug. More a gut suspicion than anything. I don't think we will get a choice on that either. It'll just happen. Probably happen during a food hunt.

Apparently, Lilly gets pissed at Lee. I couldn't hear what she said in the preview, but my guess is her father gets killed and Lee may have had to choose between him and someone important like Kenny. (HOORAY!!! He DESERVES it, damnit!)

Duck or Katjaa will get killed too (please let it be the annoying Duck!). Kenny will have a rough time with it but what is an apocalyptic story without angst? Plenty of it to go around if you read the comics.

By the end I think we will be on our way somewhere new. I don't think the motel will last very long at all for shelter.


Let's here what the rest of you think!

Mod edit: Episode 3 predictions begin on page 9.

316 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • One thing that I noticed. Episode 1 seems to take place in the Spring (the answering machine mentions that the babysitter is about to go on Spring Break, and Carly is in town to cover a cherry blossom festival) but in the preview for Episode 2, everyone is shown wearing long sleeve shirts and jackets, indicating that the weather has gotten cooler. They must spend a long time at that motel.

  • I think Lily being pissed at Lee might be more of conversation. Perhaps Larry gets into another fight and Lily fails to intervene before Kenny just lays into him and he gets seriously wounded. I just know at some point Larry will have a heart attack or die in some non-zombie related way so that the true infected reveal happens(the one that only recently happened on the TV show).

    I think Glenn will show back up at the motel to tell people about the camp he has. I'm sure he counts you among his friends. If you are at Andrew's farm, you may also visit Hershel's farm again as they are nearby.

    If you save Doug, he fixes Clem's walkie talkie and you're able to use it again.

    I feel like Telltale is afraid to kill kids. I couldn't let Duck or Clem die no matter how hard I tried. Kids have to die in this series! They even died on the show! Don't chicken out now! I want to feed Duck to the undead ASAP. He is only a danger to the group. At least Clem is useful...

    The motel will remain safe but everyone will be starving. You arrive on Andrew's farm somehow or another for food and it seems like you stay there. Maybe some stay at the motel?

  • @Chillforce said: I think Lily being pissed at Lee might be more of conversation. Perhaps Larry gets into another fight and Lily fails to intervene before Kenny just lays into him and he gets seriously wounded. I just know at some point Larry will have a heart attack or die in some non-zombie related way so that the true infected reveal happens(the one that only recently happened on the TV show).

    I think Glenn will show back up at the motel to tell people about the camp he has. I'm sure he counts you among his friends. If you are at Andrew's farm, you may also visit Hershel's farm again as they are nearby.

    If you save Doug, he fixes Clem's walkie talkie and you're able to use it again.

    I feel like Telltale is afraid to kill kids. I couldn't let Duck or Clem die no matter how hard I tried. Kids have to die in this series! They even died on the show! Don't chicken out now! I want to feed Duck to the undead ASAP. He is only a danger to the group. At least Clem is useful...

    The motel will remain safe but everyone will be starving. You arrive on Andrew's farm somehow or another for food and it seems like you stay there. Maybe some stay at the motel?




    I think this is mostly it.

    altho im not sure about glen as if it was me writing the game's story i would stay away from the character of Tv series for at least this first season to avoid spoilers for the next tv season,plotholes stuff like that.

    Some fans could get angry or something if that happened.

  • @RoboSheriff said: I think this is mostly it.

    altho im not sure about glen as if it was me writing the game's story i would stay away from the character of Tv series for at least this first season to avoid spoilers for the next tv season,plotholes stuff like that.

    Some fans could get angry or something if that happened.


    I don't think the tv show has much bearing on the game, though it may have some. They are using the comic as canon, not the show. (this was stated in the Playing Dead videos)

  • @WabbitTwaks said: I don't think the tv show has much bearing on the game, though it may have some. They are using the comic as canon, not the show. (this was stated in the Playing Dead videos)



    oh thanks yea didn't remebered that the show wasn't following the comics.

  • Well Glenn is just that kind of guy, checking on everyone. Especially if there are a few girls around(though he pretends that this isn't his motivation.) The events in the game will take place between the start of Lee's story now and their finding Woodbury(i'm guessing). Lily eventually ends up there and I don't forsee her leaving for at least a couple of episodes. The group knows that big cities aren't safe already.

    Also...is the "Mysterious Figure" Michonne?

  • @Chillforce said: Well Glenn is just that kind of guy, checking on everyone. Especially if there are a few girls around(though he pretends that this isn't his motivation.) The events in the game will take place between the start of Lee's story now and their finding Woodbury(i'm guessing). Lily eventually ends up there and I don't forsee her leaving for at least a couple of episodes. The group knows that big cities aren't safe already.

    Also...is the "Mysterious Figure" Michonne?


    Ooohhh!! Good possibility! I can't remember, does she use a bow or only that sword of hers?

  • @Chillforce said:
    Also...is the "Mysterious Figure" Michonne?



    Do you mean the Mysterious Figure at the very beginning of EP1?

    It was Clementine, or at least her character model. Was fairly easy to make out at 1600x1200 resolution and highish gamma.

  • @Gennadios said: Do you mean the Mysterious Figure at the very beginning of EP1?

    It was Clementine, or at least her character model. Was fairly easy to make out at 1600x1200 resolution and highish gamma.


    Oh that one? I thought perhaps there was one in the Ep 2 preview I had not seen. Yeah, that one is Clem without a doubt.

  • @Gennadios said: Do you mean the Mysterious Figure at the very beginning of EP1?

    It was Clementine, or at least her character model. Was fairly easy to make out at 1600x1200 resolution and highish gamma.



    Err, could you post a screenshot somehow? Because I don't think Clementine could climb such a high fence.

    Edit: Rechecked and you're right. I had to run it under pretty bad specs due to Steam/my computer.

Add Comment