User Avatar Image

The great next episode prediction thread! *SPOILERS*

posted by WabbitTwaks on - last edited - Viewed by 4.7K users

The Ep 2 preview gave a little away so we all know there will be some editions to our group, but what else will happen? Here's what I think....

First, we will have to get power restored in the motel, if it is even possible. Not often a motel will have a generator handy. We may have to try to find one, or barricade ourselves in at night.

I think the next one to die will be Carley/Doug. More a gut suspicion than anything. I don't think we will get a choice on that either. It'll just happen. Probably happen during a food hunt.

Apparently, Lilly gets pissed at Lee. I couldn't hear what she said in the preview, but my guess is her father gets killed and Lee may have had to choose between him and someone important like Kenny. (HOORAY!!! He DESERVES it, damnit!)

Duck or Katjaa will get killed too (please let it be the annoying Duck!). Kenny will have a rough time with it but what is an apocalyptic story without angst? Plenty of it to go around if you read the comics.

By the end I think we will be on our way somewhere new. I don't think the motel will last very long at all for shelter.

Let's here what the rest of you think!

Mod edit: Episode 3 predictions begin on page 9.

316 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: raised so that he should take responsibility of things he has no experience and knowledge about (raising a child) rather than people who have experience and knowledge of it

Duh, that's why he killed the Senator that he caught doing his wife instead of calling the local press.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

This whole Senator murder thing is so anonymous. I wonder if in future episodes, the Senator ever gets a name... or if Lee's wife is still alive and we meet her... or if we at least get something like a newspaper article about what Lee has done. Something that makes his crime RELEVANT to the new reality of the zombie apocalypse.

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: Duh, that's why he killed the Senator that he caught doing his wife instead of calling the local press.

killing someone for banging your wife and looking after a child in a zombie apocalypse are two totally different things.

for a start one of them is totally wrong and mindless, and the other is good and takes thought and responsibility

• @Vainamoinen said: This whole Senator murder thing is so anonymous. I wonder if in future episodes, the Senator ever gets a name... or if Lee's wife is still alive and we meet her... or if we at least get something like a newspaper article about what Lee has done. Something that makes his crime RELEVANT to the new reality of the zombie apocalypse.

I'm more interested in seeing Lee's past lack of control resurface. If we're not given a choice in a later episode because Lee goes totally batshit under certain circumstances, I'd really appreciate that.

"Oh shit, I shouldn't have pressed that button, it made Lee punch Kenny again."
    "Whoops, so did that one."
    "Oh god, oh god, I just want him to stop!"
    "Lee! I don't even know who you are anymore!"

• @Master of Aeons said: I'm more interested in seeing Lee's past lack of control resurface. If we're not given a choice in a later episode because Lee goes totally batshit under certain circumstances, I'd really appreciate that.

"Oh shit, I shouldn't have pressed that button, it made Lee punch Kenny again."
    "Whoops, so did that one."
    "Oh god, oh god, I just want him to stop!"
    "Lee! I don't even know who you are anymore!"

i'm not 100% sure he is a murderer, maybe he is covering for his wife, or he was framed, he sort of said he did it to Clementine(after carly said she knows who he is), but that might just be so he didn't have to explain the complicated situation he was in, other than that i don't think he has said to anybody he did it and why

• @thestalkinghead said: i'm not 100% sure he is a murderer, maybe he is covering for his wife, or he was framed, he sort of said he did it to Clementine(after carly said she knows who he is), but that might just be so he didn't have to explain the complicated situation he was in, other than that i don't think he has said to anybody he did it and why

First, if he's covering for his wife, I don't like him as much as I would as the character as I originally met - a murderer who was still a pretty decent guy.

Second, if he hadn't already killed someone before, but then did (for the first time) in episode 2, then that scene could have handled that decision with more weight.

• @Master of Aeons said: First, if he's covering for his wife, I don't like him as much as I would as the character as I originally met - a murderer who was still a pretty decent guy.

Second, if he hadn't already killed someone before, but then did (for the first time) in episode 2, then that scene could have handled that decision with more weight.

well if that he didnt do it is supposed to be a surprise it wont be hinted at except that he has never talked about it, and i didnt kill the guy the fist playthrough so the option to kill or not has its own weight

• @Vainamoinen said: So, because everyone wants it... here's a prediction.

Duck's going to die in episode 3. Rolled over by the train. Kenny and Katjaa start eyeballing Clementine as a substitute kid out of their pain. When they finally find out about Lee's past, they find themselves entirely justified to limit his contact to Clem. Lee loses his calm. More pain.

They can't do this, I'll be too happy. This game isn't supposed to make us happy! :cool:

• I would like to see a scene where Katjaa dies and returns, and Duck is forced to shoot her. Seems a bit unrealistic, but I would like seeing Duck being usefull somehow.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Death689God said: They can't do this, I'll be too happy. This game isn't supposed to make us happy! :cool:

Methinks this game makes some sickos pretty happy! :cool:

Add Comment