User Avatar Image

Most Emotional Moment? (SPOILERS)

posted by BlankCanvasDJ on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Just one episode in and, so far, The Walking Dead is already Telltale's most emotional game by far (not that there was much competition). Which moments got to you the most?

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Almost everything that involved Clementine. The talk in the back office was quite moving. You can't help but feel for a cute little orphan girl.

Edit: And I really hated the response choices when she had to use the bathroom :/

• Can't argue with that, she's hard not to like. I tried replaying the Ep as a mean version of Lee, but I just couldn't bring myself to be mean to her. And I never thought I'd play a video game that would make the act of bandaging a little girl's finger compelling.

I'm not sure which parts effected me most. I thought the answering machine message from Clementine's mom was absolutely heartbreaking. Huge credit goes to that voice actress.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Can't argue with that, she's hard not to like. I tried replaying the Ep as a mean version of Lee, but I just couldn't bring myself to be mean to her. And I never thought I'd play a video game that would make the act of bandaging a little girl's finger compelling.

I'm not sure which parts effected me most. I thought the answering machine message from Clementine's mom was absolutely heartbreaking. Huge credit goes to that voice actress.

Absolutely.

I was grinning from ear to ear during the "good is... good" conversation between Clem and Lee. The awkwardness Lee felt and Clem's reactions were very amusing and touching. He was trying so hard to connect with this little girl.

• It really is. Having played 3 times now with each time radically different it's interesting how it plays out. As a character Clementine really is likeable. That's rare for games where you have to take care of a character. She's hard to be mean too for one simple reason though. They really don't give you any mean choices for things with her.

But yea It helps that the character is well done too.

• @WabbitTwaks said:
    Edit: And I really hated the response choices when she had to use the bathroom :/

Inserting that part into such a tense argument was amazing. That whole sequence was expertly crafted in, fact. Tried my best to stay diplomatic and keep from getting to belligerent with anybody but it just wasn't easy.

I can't say I'm familiar with any other Telltale games but they write damn good dialogue.

• I loved the conversation in the barn, specially when she asks "How far is Savannah?". So sad.

• @nomecopies said: I loved the conversation in the barn, specially when she asks "How far is Savannah?". So sad.

"Doody."

I LOLd

• @PsychoRaven said: That's rare for games where you have to take care of a character.

That's true. Most of the time when a game asks you to take care of someone, it's a chore and they end up really irritating, but Lee and Clementine are written so well I can't see that happening here.

On a non-Clementine-related note, I also really liked the scene with Irene, if you choose to let her have the gun. The moment where everyone in the group realizes that someone needs to stay behind to pick up the gun is a gut-punch. Even when it's obvious, there's something really rough about saying something like that out loud. And then the small conversation Lee has with her before she does it, telling her that he's going to stay with her. Man... :(

• Yup. That's one reason I love this game. I can honestly say a game never really got me into it emotionally but this game succeeded. You really become lee.

• The stuff with Lee's family was pretty emotional as well, nice slow reveal that's hinted at in the opening conversation with the cop (who mentions the pharmacy).

Add Comment