User Avatar Image

Australian Console Version Release and communication thereof

posted by AztecTwoStep on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Dear Telltale,

Considering the following has only just now been posted in a thread on your message board (with no mention elsewhere at all):

@Mike said: Sorry, but due to the OFLC ratings laws in Australia and New Zealand, and the fact that this is a mature game, we do not currently have plans to release the game there on consoles.

Don't you think it's a bit bloody rude to your Australian and NZ customers to make no mention of this in the months leading up to the release of the game? Or, once the game is available, put this information somewhere prominent?

Poor communication. Very bloody poor. Get your act together.

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I completely agree. After getting burnt by JP not getting an Oz release, I thought nothing could be as bad. Turns out I was wrong. Really disappointed Telltale. :(

• Is this Telltale's fault though or Australia's? Telltale has a huge fan base in Australia so its really disappointing their last 2 games have not been released here. I was going to download Walking Dead from PSN tonight..and I much would have rather played this game on my PS3 (and massive Sony Bravia) than my crappy laptop

• @Hero1 said: Is this Telltale's fault though or Australia's? Telltale has a huge fan base in Australia so its really disappointing their last 2 games have not been released here. I was going to download Walking Dead from PSN tonight..and I much would have rather played this game on my PS3 (and massive Sony Bravia) than my crappy laptop

It's completely within Telltale's power to tell us that it won't be available in Australia. They have absolutely no excuse for not communicating that information prior to release.

• Yeah, I can't actually believe they did this. First off, you're not only betraying the fans of your games, you're also betraying the fans of The Walking Dead. Secondly, what exactly makes you think it won't get through as a simple MA15 game? Dead Island made it through, which was more realalistic and probably more gory. Left 4 Dead 2 might be a good example of why you shouldn't, but the actual problem there was that the "Zombies" weren't actually zombies and just infected people. Honestly, whoever made this decision is an idiot and has only cost the you sales and faithful customers. I'm sure it not too late to fix this and I hope you correct your stupid mistake.

• Whats even worse is nz doesnt have the same censorship laws tht auz does and we dont even have it either,,, been waiting months for this game

• @DarkHero said: Yeah, I can't actually believe they did this. First off, you're not only betraying the fans of your games, you're also betraying the fans of The Walking Dead. Secondly, what exactly makes you think it won't get through as a simple MA15 game? Dead Island made it through, which was more realalistic and probably more gory. Left 4 Dead 2 might be a good example of why you shouldn't, but the actual problem there was that the "Zombies" weren't actually zombies and just infected people. Honestly, whoever made this decision is an idiot and has only cost the you sales and faithful customers. I'm sure it not too late to fix this and I hope you correct your stupid mistake.

QFT!

Come on TTG!

• I don't really want to wait until TT apply for classification. Open to thoughts and suggestions on workarounds with overseas accounts. I've already got a US account on my NZ console with which I've downloaded content (demo) not available on the NZ arcade market and successfully played it with my NZ account. Have also found legit online codes for US region ms points. Am going to attempt to purchase twd with the US account and play on the NZ account, has anyone else done something like this successfully is the past?

• They need to bring out a press release on this NOW! Have they decided its not worth releasing here or is it because of the OFLC? Its really bad business to shun your fans like this especisly when youve done noyhing but promote just how good the game is only to post ON THE RELEASE DAY that it isnt being released here? Yet we get games like Dead Rising and yet you think THIS game is too mature for the OFLC to release? This is just horrible. Totally ruined my day.

• @Evil NZ said: I don't really want to wait until TT apply for classification. Open to thoughts and suggestions on workarounds with overseas accounts. I've already got a US account on my NZ console with which I've downloaded content (demo) not available on the NZ arcade market and successfully played it with my NZ account. Have also found legit online codes for US region ms points. Am going to attempt to purchase twd with the US account and play on the NZ account, has anyone else done something like this successfully is the past?

I've only ever played demos from another region which works fine,
    But I've never been able to successfully purchase from the us store. The only way that I could see it working is if you purchase a psn card and load that onto your us account, but since I've never tried I can't be 100% sure it will work.

• OK so is this game available in Australia on the PC as a download? I cant seem to find any purchase link on the website, all I see is pre-order info and some details for bulk packs and a contest.

This discussion has been closed.