Menu
User Avatar Image

References to the Comics & TV series (massive spoilers)

posted by TheWalkerKing on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

***WARNING THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD FOR THE VIDEO GAME AND THE TV SERIES***

So, I have noticed that there must be several connections between the game and the TV series. This whole thread hinges on my assumption that this is attached to the TV series and not the comic book? I have to admit that I never read the comic so I don't know how accurate the TV show is to the comic. Please post any other hints to the TV series that have seen that I didn't cover here.

Hershel
This one is obvious, he of course will later on be at the same farm when the crew from the TV series shows up. The only complaint I had of the game was that they didn't really show how isolated the farm is from the rest of the world. It seemed like Lee just wandered onto the farm. *shrug*

Glen
So with Glen taking off the help his friends in Atlanta, this is the setup for how he ends up meeting up with Rick. Since Rick runs across Glen when he is stuck in the tank in Atlanta.

I think it is pretty awesome how they are doing these little setups. It really helps to make the video game feel like a part of the rest of The Walking Dead world!

*SIDE NOTE*
Anybody know when episode 2 will be coming out?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The game is based on the comic books and ddisregards the TV show completely. I haven't heard anything confirming any of the stuff in the game is Cannon, but if it is it will only be for the comics. Hersal is a complete hardass in this game, even when you tell them the honest truth.

• So in the comic does Rick still meet up with Glen in the same fashion that they did in the TV show? How closely does the TV show follow the comic?

• Game is canon as far as I know.

@TheWalkerKing said: So in the comic does Rick still meet up with Glen in the same fashion that they did in the TV show? How closely does the TV show follow the comic?

Rick meets Glenn the same way in the comic. The TV show doesn't follow the comic very closely though. Shane is killed before they even meet Hershel for example. Also, Sophia is still alive in the comics as I recall.

• Glenn even mentions going to Atlanta to save his friends. That is where he meets and saves Rick. As for Hershel, I'm guessing Shawn becomes one of the zombies locked in the infamous barn.

Edit: Let's not forget Lilly. Remember her? She was with the people who attacked the prison. She may even be the one that shot Lori and the baby.

• @TheWalkerKing said:

Hershel
    This one is obvious, he of course will later on be at the same farm when the crew from the TV series shows up. The only complaint I had of the game was that they didn't really show how isolated the farm is from the rest of the world. It seemed like Lee just wandered onto the farm. *shrug*

The reason that it doesn't seem isolated is because it really isn't in the comics. The way the farm is portrayed in the game, is the way the farm looks in the comics, and the fact that the farm isn't isolated nor fortified shows in the comics, asa group of strangers come across it and visit the farm.

• @Rasher said: Let's not forget Lilly. Remember her? She was with the people who attacked the prison. She may even be the one that shot Lori and the baby.

She is.

• @Weeksy said: She is.

Which means she's also the one who killed The Governor so...yay for her.

Man, there are a lot of spoilers in this thread.

The only complaint I had of the game was that they didn't really show how isolated the farm is from the rest of the world. It seemed like Lee just wandered onto the farm. *shrug*

Except he didn't just wander onto the farm. He was driven there. By the farmer's son. So... that's pretty airtight.

• shame, i'll guess we will never see shane or the redneck's wich i think they were pretty good adittions to the story itself.

• I'm pretty sure we won't see him, but Shane's still around in the game's timeline so it wouldn't have been impossible. And just because the rednecks weren't in the comic doesn't mean they don't exist at all in the comic's universe. In fact, there are rumors that some version of Daryl might be joining the cast of the comic here in the near future (mostly because of this teaser image).

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: I'm pretty sure we won't see him, but Shane's still around in the game's timeline so it wouldn't have been impossible. And just because the rednecks weren't in the comic doesn't mean they don't exist at all in the comic's universe. In fact, there are rumors that some version of Daryl might be joining the cast of the comic here in the near future (mostly because of this teaser image).

Incredibly amazing!! First time I have seen that!!!

I don't think Hershel is a preacher in the comic. Can't remember, though. I'll have to dig out the books from my secret, super-duper air tight protective zombie proof containers.

This discussion has been closed.