I am currently investigating the Music problem with Sam and Max. The problem has been that music is either missing from parts of the game or all together, however, the dialog and SFX are still audible.
The 101 fix is to make sure you have checked both your system and game levels and rebooted.
If you have recently had an issue, or if you have posted in the past, please answer these questions to help me get this working for you guys.
1) Have you updated your DirX drivers recently?
2) Have you run the DirX diagnostic tool? if so what were your findings?
3) Have you downloaded your most recent drivers for your sound-card?
4) Have you ever had music work in the past?
5) If you have tried turning off background programs, which one has caused a change? (for example, there have been reports that a firewall or anti-virus program being deactivated in some cases, will fix the music bug) NOTE: If you do find that changing or turning off a program has corrected the problem, please try to recreate your findings to narrow down the problem program.
6) If you have this problem in Sam and Max and have other Telltale software (BONE 1 and 2, CSI, Texas Hold 'Em) is this an issue when running those as well? If you don't have any of our other software, please try downloading a demo to see if the problem is persists in those games...and no this isn't a ploy to get you hooked on other TTG products.....*shifty look*.
The more of you that answer, the better chance I'll have of flushing out this problem.
Thanks for your help guys!!