Menu
User Avatar Image

any of you guys have super powers....in your dreams?

posted by doom saber on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

An odd question to ask, but I am curious since I,myself have a few dreams where I have one particular superpower that seems consistenr. In those dreams, I have the power to turn into a metal ball(like Samus in metroid) except it floats rather than moves on the ground. This is strange since my dreams are normally non consistent in regards to whatever. However, when it comes to this, it is consistent for the most part; the only unconsistencies is that it was word activated in my eariler dreams and this ability allowed me to go though parallel worlds or stop time (l don't remember.)

And no, I am not crazy. Just curious if anyone has a consistent power in their dreams like flying or whatever.

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I can't recall ever having a power in my dreams, but then again I don't often dream.

• The other forum I go to daily, www.ld4all.com, has tons of great info on things like dream powers and lucid dreaming, you can probably find all the info on dreams you could ever want there.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I used to have dreams where I could walk on invisible stairs. I haven't had a dream like that in a long time though.

• Occasionally, I can fly - or jump really high and long - in my dreams. I'll just take in the scenery (often hopping from building to building), and it's just plain fun.

Something other that I notice a lot in my dreams is that I'll take existing environments (school buildings, shopping malls, hospitals, shops, etc.) and turn them into much grander structures/buildings. When I wake up, I'm always rather disappointed that the buildings in real life are not as cool as they're in my dreams.

• @Mickey said: I used to have dreams where I could walk on invisible stairs. I haven't had a dream like that in a long time though.

I used to fall down stairs in my dreams... but they were visible, so I guess that doesn't count as a superpower.

I think I sometimes fly. But, like AdamG, I do not normally "dream"... or at least I don't remember my dreams when I wake up.

• @Haggis said: Occasionally, I can fly - or jump really high and long - in my dreams. I'll just take in the scenery (often hopping from building to building), and it's just plain fun.

Something other that I notice a lot in my dreams is that I'll take existing environments (school buildings, shopping malls, hospitals, shops, etc.) and turn them into much grander structures/buildings. When I wake up, I'm always rather disappointed that the buildings in real life are not as cool as they're in my dreams.

I can relate. I have those dreams where the existing enviornment is always different and unfamilar than the ones in real life. I too, get disappointed since the ones in the dreams are new and unfamiliar, making them better.

• When I dream I don't recall ever having superpowers. Every three or four months, though, I do have a week where I remember my dreams and they're usually nightmares. Each night gets worse than the night before until suddenly it's gone. The first night is tame...unusual and memorable. Then they build until it's a "jerk you out of sleep" type of dream. I haven't figured out if it's a stress thing or what, but without fail it happens in 3-4 month intervals.

• I never used to dream, but lately I've just been having really surreal dreams (think along the lines of driving skillfully down a busy motorway at top speed and then realising I don't know how to drive, or going into a bank to get free coffee, and finding they stopped the service after it was abused by people not using the bank for anything but the coffee (after having a long drawn out Final Fantasy style battle with people I vaguely remember from Primary School)).

I've never really had superpowers, although in the Coffee/Bank dream I did randomly warp to an underground base with a retired superhero who let me have a go at a flying machine powered by pulling out self-replenishing rolls of toilet paper from a hole near where the arms wrapped round (and nearly crashing into a neighbour's car in the process).
    I might go into some other dreams I've had later (the flying bus is a good one), but this post is a bad enough wall of text as it is =P.

What's weird is how much detail I can remember from some of the dreams. I very rarely remember faces, but I remember a lot of other things, such as the colour of the superhero's suit (purple and green, for anyone wondering).

• @Badwolf said: think along the lines of driving skillfully down a busy motorway at top speed and then realising I don't know how to drive

Oh yeah, I get that too! I can't drive, but I'll have dreams where I go almost everywhere by car, and I drive really well too. Also, while not really a super power, I find myself competing in cycling races in my dreams sometimes, although I'm by no means a cyclist in real life. I do watch cycling on TV a lot though, so that may contribute to the dreams.

• I get driving dreams as well, even though I don't have a car, and never did. The dreams are strange, because I'm always in a very large vehicle, like an SUV or a pickup, and the dream cars always have very bad suspension... :S Feels like I'm driving on Jell-O. :P

Add Comment