User Avatar Image

Walking Dead Crash 101walkingdead.exe Stopped Responding:) FIX INSIDE

posted by L1qu1dat1on on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

Simple, for those of you who crash at Title Screen, just disconnect from the internet:).

If your a steam user, make sure your in Steam before you disconnect.

Happy gaming!

Thank God the power went out in my building and I got bored enough to fiddle around with it... I was confused for the longest time!

Edit: You don't even need the compatibility enabled anymore...at least not for me!:D

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • you're the 4th one on this forum who solved their crashing with this same method, they gotta edit the troubleshooting faq to include this

• I think it might be the problem for the majority.

I'm not trying to deny the file internet access through antivirus, but it doesn't seem to be the same.

Seems like it's not blocking it from the internet that is the problem, it's not getting it to start connecting period.

Funny thing is even with the firewall down and the ports fully opened the game still won't run.

Oh well.

• Just got another person helped on the support forum here, that's 5 helped by disabling internet.
    Start steam, disable internet, start walking dead via steam library, problems solved

• @Im_The_Foreman said: Just got another person helped on the support forum here, that's 5 helped by disabling internet.
    Start steam, disable internet, start walking dead via steam library, problems solved

Yes but make sure if you do want to re-enable internet during game, make sure you're out of the menu and in the actual game.

:p

• I tried re-enabling internet during game and it caused a crash during chapter transitions

• @Im_The_Foreman said: I tried re-enabling internet during game and it caused a crash during chapter transitions

Hmm so I guess it happens there too!

• I think i have tried almost everything, and to no avail. I have updated drivers, new updates for windows, I checked the game integrity, my PC surpasses all recommended settings, my internet connection is crazy fast. I even tried going into the walkingdead101.exe and ran as admin in compatibility mode with win win98, and i also tried disabling my internet connecting after opening steam, but before launching TWD. I do not understand. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I feel like eating my own head.

• Don't worry.. i have exactly the same problem as you. Even disabling the Internet doesn't work. Write to the Steam-Administrators to take back the Game from your account and ask them to give you a credit, so that you can buy another game. They don't do that in any case.. but if you can proof, that your game isn't working, they might make an exception (so get I, for instance, my money back after i explained in detail that Fallout didn't run on my computer). Remember, you are a customer and Telltale doesn't fullfill its contract with you. I mean you paid some money and cannot use the product.

Imagine more dissatisfied players would do that.. Telltale would doublecheck all their games :-)

• this solution does not work everytimme i open the game it crashes and comes up with the walking dead 101 exe is not responding and i just baight the game an it is makeing me rage please find a solution that works

• i tried to disconnect from the interet but it still will not work, anyone knows why? i havent played episode 5 yet and i want to play it right now

Add Comment