User Avatar Image

Less Episodes, Meatier games.

posted by stuxmusic on - last edited - Viewed by 324 users

In general, I think Telltale should decrease the amount of episodes in a series, but beef up the content within them.

Discuss?

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why? Isn't there enough content in them?

• I wouldn't care either way so long as the games were actually games rather than glorified quick-time events.

• Since most of Telltale's games are point and click, I'm using that as my reference point. For example, the original Monkey Island games had tonnes of characters in tonnes of locations and a black hole in Guybrush's pocket to serve as an inventory.

Now, because of the smaller game sizes and more confined location choice, it gets harder to have that many characters or items or locations. The latter especially I feel falters sometime in Telltale games in order to serve the game.

But, when playing Hector, it felt much bigger and meatier, even with the less amount of episodes.

The content is at about 70% of what I'd like it to be, so yeah, I'd beef it up. The scripts, and the actual content we do get? Great. I wouldn't change that, I just want more. Shortening the amount of episodes to beef them up is a great way to do it. TV shows (especially from the UK) do that often to help reign in the spiral and have tighter, more expansive stories.

• @Darth Marsden said: I wouldn't care either way so long as the games were actually games rather than glorified quick-time events.

this.

• @stuxmusic said: In general, I think Telltale should decrease the amount of episodes in a series, but beef up the content within them.

Discuss?

Yes.

@stuxmusic said: Why? Isn't there enough content in them?

No.

@stuxmusic said: I wouldn't care either way so long as the games were actually games rather than glorified quick-time events.

Half-yes.

• If they keep making episodes as good as the first Walking Dead one then I'll be happy. Any improvements to that would just be a bonus. There is a lot to be said for quality over quantity.

• QTE's are forgivable if everything else is good.

I wouldn't mind 3 really long episodes, (sort of like a 3 parter special). Change the pace up a bit, might get some more meat on the bone in terms of gameplay/puzzle design.

• The smaller sizes have more something to do with the actual FILE sizes rather than the sizes of the episodes themselves.

Remember that Tales of Monkey Island had to be compressed a lot in order for it to fit within 40 MB on WiiWare. More content means less space for actual dialog and crap. Even with high compression, you can only compress so much.

• Well, Telltale haven't done anything on the Wii since Tales, so I'm guessing that's not really a major factor any more.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: Well, Telltale haven't done anything on the Wii since Tales, so I'm guessing that's not really a major factor any more.

Back to the Future: The Game got a Wii port, but it was to disc. So, i agree, I don't think the Wiiware file limits are a problem any more.

Add Comment