User Avatar Image

Does Lee's family [SPOILERS]

posted by Scelous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

So throughout the game, characters ask Lee about his family. I decided that in my game, Lee's family wouldn't be nearby. Then, I get to the pharmacy and it's a family reunion.

I was wondering, does Lee's family ALWAYS end up being the owners of the pharmacy, or can that change if you answer questions differently?

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

All right, it doesn't work that way. :D

Lee's backstory is fixed and can't be "changed" in the game. His parents WERE the owners of the pharmacy drugstore whatever you do. The game only gives you the option to decide what you want to tell others about yourself, and if you want to lie to them. After all, Lee is in a tricky situation, being a convicted murderer and all. Telling everyone about his family might facilitate his own identification.

• Didn't his family own the drug store, not the pharmacy? (I just recall hearing that from a couple of lines on Hershel's farm)

• ummm.. The difference between the two are what, exactly? ;)

Edit: Oh, I KNOW! At a pharmacy you can only get LEGAL drugs! :D

• Well, they (the player and his party) were holed up in the drug store, right? And the pharmacy was clearly locked up and separated from the area they were in, albeit both were accessible from the same office. So they had to be two different facilities. Did Lee's family own both of them?

(Also, is a "drug store" really a pharmacy? I'm not a native speaker and I always thought it's a kind of old-fashioned grocery store.)

• Yes, actually, they are different names for the same type of store :) I was picking on you before, my apologies. I forget we have many people on here that English is not their native tongue.

Edit: I think the confusion may lie in how a grocery or department store will have a sectioned pharmacy. In a place like the Everitt's store, the entire place is considered a pharmacy or drug store.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@WabbitTwaks said:

Edit: I think the confusion may lie in how a grocery or department store will have a sectioned pharmacy. In a place like the Everitt's store, the entire place is considered a pharmacy or drug store.

That's good to know. Over here in Germany, you have either one or the other. Grocery store OR pharmacy. They never ever mix, not even sectioned.

• @Vainamoinen said: That's good to know. Over here in Germany, you have either one or the other. Grocery store OR pharmacy. They never ever mix, not even sectioned.

There are some people who will refer to the back section of a drug store as the pharmacy (the area where you get prescriptions filled), and the whole thing as a drug store because the front area sells over the counter/non-prescription drugs.

Most people in the south where the tale takes place, will refer to the whole store (since it is a small building), including the pharmacy back section, as one or the other.

That is why some in game call it a drug store, and others a pharmacy, but all are referring to the whole store.

• they owned both because in the picture u could see his brother wearing doctor/blue uniform and he goes out side and kills his bro and takes keys right? so ya

• What I am saying is there is no "both". It is considered one place not two.

The reason for the locked door is because that is where they have the prescription only drugs.

Edit: When people (namely Lee when about to go unlock the door) call it a pharmacy, they mean it as a section of the entire store.

Maybe I can explain better this way. The entire building is one store owned by Lee's parents. The pharmacy is just a section inside that store. That section would not be separately owned. It is kept separate and locked because it contains drugs that you can only buy if a Doctor writes you a prescription.

• @iss1111 said: forgive me please i wrote something wrong please dont hit me
    just get over it omg so dum people

Uh... what? No need to get so excited over it. Calm down. Your excitability is messing up your grammar and spelling. :)

Add Comment