User Avatar Image

Stick with Kenny at all costs?!

posted by sp_ce on - last edited - Viewed by 502 users

"You know, back then I was a commercial fisherman and I do own a boat" (or something like that). Wow, this was the first time in the game where I thought: The sh*t, there is actually a way out of this misery and I have to do all I can to get in Kenny's butt to save me an Clementine a ticket for this boat ride. I mean looking at all the zombie movies the safest place on earth is on the ocean full of fresh food right under your feet. Guess it will be 'tuff in the next Chapters to stick with this family and... Duck but I'll do so saving the girl and me (or at least the girl 'cause you know it's a game and you'll surely face the hardest decision at the end) from those shufflers.

What's your opinion?

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sticking with Kenny because feels like he and his family will not let it go without some fighting. Which is probably going to be a problem if we get to the boat...

• A boat's not as perfect for a zombie outbreak as you might think. While it would make you more or less zombie-proof, there's nowhere safe you could go, so you'd likely just be stuck in the ocean.

And while you do have an endless supply of food, you don't have an endless supply of water. Unless Kenny's got a whole desalination plant in his boat.

• But I guess having a boat in a near shore position is still the safest place facing a zombie apocalypse because you always have the possibility to swim back to the bank and search for water/food and when the lurkers are coming you just jump back into the water and let the stupid ones that jump after you drown, since they have less buoyancy and they move pretty slow (so there is a good chance that they can't swim anymore ;) ).

• a device to remove the salt from water is pretty easy to make with junk and use the sunlight instead of flame if you got a smart guy with you ;)

• @Milosuperspesh said: a device to remove the salt from water is pretty easy to make with junk and use the sunlight instead of flame if you got a smart guy with you ;)

A filter and kettle be ideal. These days boats aren't "rowboats" - he probably has a decent boat with a kettle and water system of some kind already :)

• @sp_ce said: But I guess having a boat in a near shore position is still the safest place facing a zombie apocalypse because you always have the possibility to swim back to the bank and search for water/food and when the lurkers are coming you just jump back into the water and let the stupid ones that jump after you drown, since they have less buoyancy and they move pretty slow (so there is a good chance that they can't swim anymore ;) ).

Undead zombies drowning.... uummmm....

• @RAnthonyMahan said: A boat's not as perfect for a zombie outbreak as you might think. While it would make you more or less zombie-proof, there's nowhere safe you could go, so you'd likely just be stuck in the ocean.

And while you do have an endless supply of food, you don't have an endless supply of water. Unless Kenny's got a whole desalination plant in his boat.

Sure thats if you stay in the ocean.. there are waterways that connect from oceans to fresh water bodies of water.. the st lawrence water way to any of the great lakes for example have a system of locks that are pretty much in low population centers that would lead you to safe fishing territory as well as all the fresh water you can drink- Plus theres lots of small islands on them that are habitable with low or no populations so u could at least build shelter. a boat for me would be extremely ideal.. id say running out of fuel for the boat would be the main problem, unless its a sail boat.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: A boat's not as perfect for a zombie outbreak as you might think. While it would make you more or less zombie-proof, there's nowhere safe you could go, so you'd likely just be stuck in the ocean.

Ever seen waterworld Kevin Costner purifying his own piss into water? .....it could happen :D

• Sticking with Kenny because he has my back. Larry has already shown that he will kill Lee first chance he gets, even after Lee saved him.

• @WabbitTwaks said: Undead zombies drowning.... uummmm....

Okay, at least they'll sink to the ground and they can't swim for sure (plus many of them don't even have both arms/legs left).

Add Comment