User Avatar Image

Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition

posted by Noname215 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

I would kill to see this made. Who is with me?

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I gotta say, I wasn't a fan of the Monkey Island portion of Escape. Though I did like the lava plume ride. I've played it a lot, though, so I generally get the milk bottle on the first attempt, though I do like to ride the ride multiple times because as you ride it more often, Guybrush starts saying sillier things right before the ride takes off.

Though, it might have also been a product of the fact that the Church of LeChuck was probably my favorite bit of the Monkey Island portion. Mainly because you actually had someone to talk to.

It's kinda weird though... I didn't like Monkey Island in Secret either. I guess it just seems so... barren compared with the rest of the world. And so much walking around to get in between locations. Which is ironic, considering that it's the title location.

• I have the POWER OF GREY MONKEY!!

• I think that the Monkey Island portion of the games tend to be the weakest parts.

• @Secret Fawful said: You're wrong on this count. The giant monkey robot was the original intended ending of the first Monkey Island game, and was also originally the intended secret.

Okay but that was the original intention during the planning stages. It has no bearing upon what they actually went with in the final game. It was obviously scrapped for a very good reason (and should have stayed that way).

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@St_Eddie said: * The giant monkey robot (which besides being stupid and out of place within the universe, was also a continuity issue; what happened to the underground caverns from the first game?!)

We never saw the complete innards of the giant monkey robot. The caverns are probably still in there, and the exit to the river of lava could be through the robot's exhaust valve.

The latter would actually make for a funny joke in a future Monkey Island installment if Guybrush ever learns that is how he got to LeChuck's ship in his first adventure. :p

• @St_Eddie said: Okay but that was the original intention during the planning stages. It has no bearing upon what they actually went with in the final game. It was obviously scrapped for a very good reason (and should have stayed that way).

It was scrapped because of floppy space limitations.

• The Giant Robot is stupid though its like something a child would come up with...ohh

• @Secret Fawful said: It was scrapped because of floppy space limitations.

But the fact that it's not in the original game places it outside continuity.

• @DAISHI said: But the fact that it's not in the original game places it outside continuity.

Escape is canon since TMI (barley) reference events from it. Which makes the monkey robot canon. I wonder where the hell it is now anyway.

• @DAISHI said: But the fact that it's not in the original game places it outside continuity.

Doesn't mean it doesn't fit the universe.

Add Comment