User Avatar Image

The Murder

posted by The Grey Ghost on - last edited - Viewed by 727 users

As we saw in Episode 1, two people recognized Lee on the murder case based on just his face and first name, Carley and Larry. With murder cases being very public, do you think people the group will encounter in episode 2-5 will also recognize him/remember the case? Do you think that will lead to a situation where Lee might have to kill again to protect himself or his secret from those who would use it against him? Also do you think Ken Sr and/or Katjaa know?

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • In a Zombie Apocalypse, with no media in general, people may not be quite sure who everyone else is. Besides, I would more immediately afraid of Zombies than anything else at this point (even though you should always watch your back against anything in these situations).

I wouldn't be surprised that only a select few would keep to memory of "non-essential" information if they aren't constantly reminded of it. After all, you're going to be concerned about becoming a Zombie Snack first and foremost.

• I think if anyone else knew they would have said. Lee is said to have killed a sitting senator so I can well imagine that not only does the state of Georgia know about it but most of the nation as well.

I don't see Lee as the cold blooded killer type, but maybe killing in order to keep the secret is a choice the player will be forced to make. After all Carly reviled her knowledge of about Lee's past and the player got to choose her fate.

I am sure that the mystery of Lee's past will be held in limbo up until the very end. I am sure that the honesty or dishonesty of the player will at a later time effect how the other characters react to you in a very crucial moment. I get the feeling that the player will have to trust others to get him out of a tight spot and Lee's lack of honesty or dishonesty will have a direct impact

• @Kazal said: I think if anyone else knew they would have said. Lee is said to have killed a sitting senator so I can well imagine that not only does the state of Georgia know about it but most of the nation as well.

I don't see Lee as the cold blooded killer type, but maybe killing in order to keep the secret is a choice the player will be forced to make. After all Carly reviled her knowledge of about Lee's past and the player got to choose her fate.

I am sure that the mystery of Lee's past will be held in limbo up until the very end. I am sure that the honesty or dishonesty of the player will at a later time effect how the other characters react to you in a very crucial moment. I get the feeling that the player will have to trust others to get him out of a tight spot and Lee's lack of honesty or dishonesty will have a direct impact

Actually, it's a STATE Senator... I think. I'm pretty sure it's not a Federal Senator. If that was the case, Almost everyone in Georgia should know Lee's face if that was the case.

• An interesting predicament if release date guessing thread is right we'll find out tommorow.

• But on a related note, if you were loyal to Kenny's family, I doubt they would be care as much. It IS the Zombie Apocalypse, and a loyal friend who has done something wrong in hte past isn't exactly a guy to throw to the wolves. If Carly is saved, she knows already, and considering SHE didn't rat Lee out, I doubt it will affect her as much-she already mader her choice, and you already saved her. Clementine knows, sort of it.

That leaves Lily and Larry. Everyone dislikes Larry one way or another, and everyone else would be inclined to help you otherwise. Even if they believe Larry, they might not care. That "kill Duck" incident doesn't help his case. Lee murdered someone, maybe/probably. But everyone else saw Larry CONSIDER killing a kid in front of their eyes and heard it through their ears. Who else you are going to go against? The guy who considered killing a Kid that turned out not bitten? Or the guy who killed a Senator (maybe even the wife) in a personal dispute, but one that you weren't exactly privy to all details? A hard call, but considering how Larry acted in front of them, I doubt they would be convinced, except his daughter.

• @eblocksonian said: But on a related note, if you were loyal to Kenny's family, I doubt they would be care as much. It IS the Zombie Apocalypse, and a loyal friend who has done something wrong in hte past isn't exactly a guy to throw to the wolves. If Carly is saved, she knows already, and considering SHE didn't rat Lee out, I doubt it will affect her as much-she already mader her choice, and you already saved her. Clementine knows, sort of it.

That leaves Lily and Larry. Everyone dislikes Larry one way or another, and everyone else would be inclined to help you otherwise. Even if they believe Larry, they might not care. That "kill Duck" incident doesn't help his case. Lee murdered someone, maybe/probably. But everyone else saw Larry CONSIDER killing a kid in front of their eyes and heard it through their ears. Who else you are going to go against? The guy who considered killing a Kid that turned out not bitten? Or the guy who killed a Senator (maybe even the wife) in a personal dispute, but one that you weren't exactly privy to all details? A hard call, but considering how Larry acted in front of them, I doubt they would be convinced, except his daughter.

That's a very informative and valid point you brought up there. :D There's also the fact that Lily seems rather weary of her father's control. When not busy caring for him, she seems to be rather lively and wanting to interact with Lee and Glenn and such, and seems only to get mad when her father (either when he's insulted or he commands her to do something..think back to when he told her to shut up in the drugstore).

• Personally, I'm NOT assuming that Lee actually committed the murder for which he's been convicted. It was a Senator who died, after all; someone who could have had many enemies with the political power and will to frame another person. And the brief aural flashback Lee seems to have in the barn could suggest that he woke up from a blackout of some kind to find his wife dead, and in his grief assumed he must have done it himself.

Mind you, I'm not arguing that he DIDN'T do it; I actually think it's a more interesting story if he did. I'm just speculating -- the whole situation might not be as cut-and-dried as we are led to believe in this first episode.

• @eblocksonian said: In a Zombie Apocalypse, with no media in general, people may not be quite sure who everyone else is. Besides, I would more immediately afraid of Zombies than anything else at this point (even though you should always watch your back against anything in these situations).

I wouldn't be surprised that only a select few would keep to memory of "non-essential" information if they aren't constantly reminded of it. After all, you're going to be concerned about becoming a Zombie Snack first and foremost.

Agree. But we will find out soon.

• @Kenneloth said: Agree. But we will find out soon.

not soon enough for me

• He's guilty.
    It was not only a senator,but one involved with his wife.All his guilt,all the times he talks about bad decisions hes made,all the times he anguishes over how he became distant from his family,etc...

He may regret what he did,but that really only means he did.The whole "redemption" thing is tiring as heck,but its clearly there.

Add Comment