User Avatar Image

i want my money back

posted by isanvicente on - last edited - Viewed by 320 users

i cannot boot the game i have tried everything, compatibility 80 and so on, disconnet internet, i does not work and i have almost everygame of telltale, and never happened this to me

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm definitely sorry to hear you're having issues. However, there's no record of you having ever purchased anything from us. If you purchased the game elsewhere, you will need to contact them directly.

• i have get it on steam, and i can asure that i bought on steam:

sam and max 3 seasons
    tales of the monky island
    back to the furure
    wallace and gromit
    puzzle agent 1 and 2
    the walking dead

any body can help me, thanks for the reply

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

Since your problem is with The Walking Dead, which is a little bit more demanding than Telltale's previous games, a dxdiag might help the forum's tech wizards help you figure out why the game won't run.

@DjNDB said: dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Open the file and press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents, and paste them in a reply by pressing CTRL-V.
    Sometimes the Forums spam filter catches long posts like this. Don't worry, we can still see them and make them visible.

Additionally, as Mike posted above, since you didn't purchase it directly from Telltale, if you can't get the game to run, you will have to contact Steam.
    Sorry. :(

• @isanvicente said: i have get it on steam, and i can asure that i bought on steam:

sam and max 3 seasons
    tales of the monky island
    back to the furure
    wallace and gromit
    puzzle agent 1 and 2
    the walking dead

any body can help me, thanks for the reply

I strongly suggest you seek support from Steam, or on the Steam forums - Best of luck though, the game is worth any amount of hassle :)

• i will try, it is not a problem of specs, as i have an amd x4, ati 5870 and 4gb of ram and windows 7 64, i will try on steam but it is very strange, first time i have issues with a game on steam

• my apologies for telltale people, i do not know why, but today the game works perfect, i do not know what has happened i tried for the last two days and i did not work

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

Good to hear. Enjoy!

• I am totally bummed out since I just spent 24 dollars on the Walking Dead and can not play the game due to not having the proper video card. My computed will not support the minimum card required therefore upgrading the computer is out of the question. Please advise how to obtain a refund I have not launched the game and would greatly appreciate any consideration you would give to my request.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@billyjo said: Please advise how to obtain a refund I have not launched the game and would greatly appreciate any consideration you would give to my request.

If you purchased the game from the Telltale Store, your best option is to e-mail support@telltalegames.com and explain the situation.
    If you bought it from Steam, you will have to contact Steam's customer service.

Add Comment