Menu
User Avatar Image

Walking Dead's refusal to start... I've tried everything :/

posted by Drhankventure on - last edited - Viewed by 191 users

Hey all,
I'm new here so I don't know if there have been other people experiencing this with Steam. I bought the game intending for it to start on my PC, which has the following specs:
OS: Windows 7 (up to date, unsure of the update number)
Processor: i5 overclocked to 4.0ghz
Memory: 8 gb RAM
Hard Disk Space: 800+ gb free
Video Card: GTX 570
DirectX®: Direct X 10
Sound: Direct X 10 sound device

It refuses to start after it says preparing to launch. I've tried every tip from the Steam website and this forum, and nothing has worked... Please help?

Christian

2 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am still waiting for them to fix the issue from day one:

Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2012.4.23.11289, time stamp: 0x4f95e3ff
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
    Faulting process id: 0x1738
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cd44b5ba0346a6
    Faulting application path: e:\steam\steamapps\common\the walking dead\WalkingDead101.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

• I've got the Telltale (non-Steam) version and it's broken too.

I've been waiting for a fix from day one too.

Sad to say, I've been a huge fan and supporter of Telltale since Sam & Max season 1, but this experience (no demo to find out the game was broken on some systems first, no fix for over a month and a half, and no update on if it can/will be fixed!) has really made me lose faith in the company. A real shame, as I hear it's a good game, too (and I've been a TWD fan since the tenth issue came out!)

Add Comment