User Avatar Image

Will Lee die at the end?

posted by Darthchair on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

The Walking Dead game seems to be part of the comic series canon. At least in the sense that it is explaining certain things (how Shawn got into the barn for instance) that happened in the comics, along with some character background. So I got to thinking...the comics are going to continue on with not a single ending in sight, but The Walking Dead game has a definitive ending. Right? I mean TTG has said that they have plans for five episodes.

I suppose they could have a kind of ambiguous ending, but I'm wondering if it would be a more emotional and closing factor to just simply kill off Lee in a kind of heroic sacrifice (or perhaps not if you play him as a jerk).

We know that Kirkman has said that the series would still continue if he killed Rick off. Is it possible that ultimately Lee is going to meet his demise by the end of the 5th episode?

Be interesting to hear your thoughts. :) Although I guess you could always have Lee die permanently in the first 5/10 minutes of the game and never restart it. LOL.

122 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Since there are many different ways to play, I'm sure the selection of endings should be interesting. Unless it's just one basic ending for all choices, but I doubt that would happen.

I'm honestly hoping a slight range of ending. Perhaps Lee dies as a hero. Perhaps he sacrifices everyone and gets away alone.

I am using when you talk to Kenny and he says something about that boat. Lee does remember that. Perhaps that is a clue to where the ending may be headed?( Location wise anyways)

Perhaps he steals the boat and him and Clem get away, pushing Kenny and his family into the water lol. The possibilities are entertaining to the mind.

• In the "Playing Dead" Video interviews someone asks about there being a second season, (close to what your asking). To which one of the writers comments more or less saying, "We haven't come up with a definite ending yet, but we know for certain when we do we will leave it open to a second season."

So to answer your question... No idea on if Lee Dies or not BUT... there will likely be a second season, so there is no definitive end yet.

• Lee Will be as Dead as Billy Cohen

• @CapnJay said: Lee Will be as Dead as Billy Cohen

This....and then..

Fades to black

hears gun shot...

• I think it'll be interesting to see where the game takes off. It has to be weird doing a game that is a small part of an ongoing series. The TV series can end whenever it wants cause it is deviating from the original plot, but this one seems to be a companion piece to the original.

If they don't kill Lee...it might be intriguing to see him explore a totally different part of the United States entirely in a season 2.

Course I wonder if the Governor kills him...could explain how Lilly joins the Governor. Hmm.

• @Darthchair said: I think it'll be interesting to see where the game takes off. It has to be weird doing a game that is a small part of an ongoing series. The TV series can end whenever it wants cause it is deviating from the original plot, but this one seems to be a companion piece to the original.

If they don't kill Lee...it might be intriguing to see him explore a totally different part of the United States entirely in a season 2.

Course I wonder if the Governor kills him...could explain how Lilly joins the Governor. Hmm.

or lee kills larry and she leaves in a big huff/ hissy fit...

• I wouldn't bet against any one of the characters waking up dead.

• @Irishmile said: I wouldn't bet against any one of the characters waking up dead.

if they dead they won't wake up ;) lol

zombies are not awake...

• It's very possible he could die in the end. Also, another thing to keep in mind is that (if memory serves right) Clem's parents were at some sort of a docking place when they went on their trip. I feel like the ending is going to end up there, not only because that's where Kenny's boat is but Clem might see her parents.

Now this could lead to her breakdown and her running for her parents. I personally think it'd be interesting to see her run for her mother, even if she knows she's a zombie, then Lee trying to pull her away only to be bitten by Clem's mom.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

I'm hoping for a few significantly different endings, including the deaths of main characters. The kind of thing that would actually make your choices throughout 5 episodes meaningful.

Add Comment