User Avatar Image

Mallards and Geese: The Duck support group thread

posted by HelloCthulhu on - last edited - Viewed by 507 users

I see a lot of hate for the kid out there, so I made this group to support our budding young hero.

Speculation and the like allowed.

Go!

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Duck comes off as 'special' and in the turmoil of a zombie apocalypse the short bus is a salad bar. Unless he is a weapons savant.

• No! No more talk! We go in! We kill! Kill! We kill 'em! They kill us, we kill them! Kill 'em! Kill 'em! Kill! Kill!

• @virtualyvonne said: Duck comes off as 'special' and in the turmoil of a zombie apocalypse the short bus is a salad bar. Unless he is a weapons savant.

You also have to remember that kids tend to repress a lot of horrible things. And on top of that...he just might be naive. But over time, that can change. On top of which, this is a support group. I don't really see how that is in any way shape or form supportive.

• The sooner he is killed, the better the story will be.

• Duck duck he's the man, if he can't do it no one can! *waves pom poms*

On a serious note and to be on topic (wags finger at lyco) - I think his positivity is an asset to the group. He is the very reason, in my opinion, why his mom and dad are strong - they fight tooth and nail to defend him, me thinks.

BUT if I have to vote, I'd say he stays Walker's bait. It ain't Doug if he isn't grabbed by Walkers at least once every hour. lol.

• @NessaT said: Duck duck he's the man, if he can't do it no one can! *waves pom poms*

On a serious note and to be on topic (wags finger at lyco) - I think his positivity is an asset to the group. He is the very reason, in my opinion, why his mom and dad are strong - they fight tooth and nail to defend him, me thinks.

BUT if I have to vote, I'd say he stays Walker's bait. It ain't Doug if he isn't grabbed by Walkers at least once every hour. lol.

Technically speaking, Clementine has had just as many close calls so far. So, he has just as much chance as being walker bait. So, keep that in mind when voting for him, and just because you don't like him does not make him more of walker bait.

• I've already explained my perspective on where he stands and how he serves as an asset to the group. I don't think I have conveyed any dislike for him on this post.

But between weilding a gun like Carly, or being vulnerable like Clem, I'd say the latter is more likely. Him being a zombie killer is a bit of a stretch, IMO. Perhaps in other 10 years.

• Well I didn't constrain it to the timeline of the games. And I was not directly pointing the hate of him towards you but to people in general.

• Both kids accomplished one action of their own in the first episode. Clem brought Lee a stick and Duck managed to start the tractor.

Hm... hard choice... :D

Add Comment