User Avatar Image

Could TWD actually happen?

posted by ozzmann on - last edited - Viewed by 541 users

First thing, THIS IS NOT a thread to argue, prove or disprove anything religious. I'm just sayin....

OK if one believes the bible then a zombie Apocalypse is eminent.

Revelation 20:12
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Revelation 20:13
"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

Could be taken either way but I'm keeping a shotty handy just in case!:D

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • no...

is this related to the face chomping bath salts guy ?

of so thats been done already ;)

• When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

• LOL Oh I just noticed your signature says that already lmao cooly :D

• Same with the Jewish and Islamic traditions, I think. It is also believed that the dead will be resurrected for judgement. Perhaps not in context of TWG.

I DO believe that there might be diseases that affect brain functions in living - Mad Cow, rabies, etc. Viruses may mutate and become more virulent. So there is still a small chance that it will happen. SARS killed us quite quickly, so if a virus mutates and becomes highly contagious like that? Who knows?

But I don't think a virus can result in the dead coming back to life. Affects the living, maybe, but not the other way round.

• @ozzmann said: First thing, THIS IS NOT a thread to argue, prove or disprove anything religious. Im just sayin....

Ok if one believes the bible then a zombie apocolypse is emminent.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    Could be taken either way but Im keeping a shotty handy just in case!:D

What you believe really has no merit on what actually happens. If one believes in the bible, a zombie apocalypse may be imminent. But it may also not be. Also, a ravenous bunny apocalypse may be imminent.

Also, even if we all accepted the assumption that the Bible was a sneak-peak into the future, I'm sure I'm not the first person to have said that that book is subjected to a bajillion and one interpretations.

• @ozzmann said: First thing, THIS IS NOT a thread to argue, prove or disprove anything religious. Im just sayin....

Firstly, I'd say that the dead rising for judgment isn't quite the same as zombies turning up. There aren't an awful lot of zombies in the Bible, seeing as how zombies come from a different cultural background to the ancient Hebrews in the desert.

Secondly, the Bible doesn't say when the end of the world is going to happen, so I'm not sure on what basis it can be said to imminent, let alone emminent.

• no.

It's more likely that we'll face more wars. The populations and social problems in India, China and Russia might trigger something. Who knows.

Later we might have some new super diseases that kill a lot of people. Maybe that's somehow similar to your zombies.

• There's no life after death..Even if the body was controlled by the virus or w/e, the virus won't even be able to control the body beceause it's dead (If exists).

wouldn't this be someone more believing in Nostradamus or Mayains? I know neither of them state zombies in their predictions, but the bible really never tell of a date for the world to end. The booke does vaguly describe it, but not really wanting to get in to alll that lol:p

• I would say yes, but almost every zombie thing I've seen, except the realistic ones, discount one thing....

The smell. We will smell them. So the minute we are in zombie territory, we will know.

Add Comment