User Avatar Image

Can I play Episode 2 without playing Episode 1?

posted by ZackScott on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

My XBox bricked, so I got a new one, but I never got around to replaying Episode 1. Is it possible to somehow play Episode 2 without having to replay Episode 1? Can I manually enter my choices like I did in Mass Effect 2?

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • yes, I don't think you can manually edit choices though. I think there is just one predetermined one.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

If you jump straight to 2, you will receive randomized choices for 1.

• Hey division I would like to ask you a question:

I played episode 1 on my home pc and finished it and have 3 playthrough's. Now, for the time being, am staying at my mom's place(due to a leg injury and can't handle things on my own). I have installed the game on a laptop and hoped to find my walkthrough's there, but to my disappointment I found 3 empty slots. Don't the saved playthrough's get saved on Telltale's server and excessed back when you log back, hence the location you're logging in from ?

• @spawner said: Hey division I would like to ask you a question:

I played episode 1 on my home pc and finished it and have 3 playthrough's. Now, for the time being, am staying at my mom's place(due to a leg injury and can't handle things on my own). I have installed the game on a laptop and hoped to find my walkthrough's there, but to my disappointment I found 3 empty slots. Don't the saved playthrough's get saved on Telltale's server and excessed back when you log back, hence the location you're logging in from ?

No, sorry, but save games are stored locally on the PC/Mac that you played the game on.

• @Mike said: No, sorry, but save games are stored locally on the PC/Mac that you played the game on.

So right now I have 3 playthrough's on 1 pc with my account info. So you're stating that if I install the game on a laptop with my same account I would have like 2 completely different games with the same account ? Or the new saves on the laptop will affect the saves on the pc ?

• Unless you copy your saves from the PC to the laptop, your saves on the laptop would be completely separate. As of right now, the Steam version doesn't support Steam Cloud.

• @Mike said: Unless you copy your saves from the PC to the laptop, your saves on the laptop would be completely separate. As of right now, the Steam version doesn't support Steam Cloud.

The steam theory which you stated is jargon to me as I have a telltale account and not steam account. I like your company and am sticking to it ;) Personally I don't like steam.

As for the other part....hmm that's interesting. So in other words I can have more than 1 game of TWD on different pc's/laptop as much as I want without screwing the saves of each PC. Looks good to me ;)

• @ZackScott said: My XBox bricked, so I got a new one, but I never got around to replaying Episode 1. Is it possible to somehow play Episode 2 without having to replay Episode 1? Can I manually enter my choices like I did in Mass Effect 2?

Are you the zach scott from Youtube? Game reviews and all that??

• @trd84 said: yes, I don't think you can manually edit choices though. I think there is just one predetermined one.

That is odd. I just bought it on xbox 360 today and decided to try to just get episode 2 since i had already played first one on pc. It did not show up among installed games at all until I installed the first episode.
    I guess i found some kind of bug?

• @ZackScott said: My XBox bricked, so I got a new one, but I never got around to replaying Episode 1. Is it possible to somehow play Episode 2 without having to replay Episode 1? Can I manually enter my choices like I did in Mass Effect 2?

So I guess that means there will be a let's play soon? :P
    I watched some of your other telltale playthroughs and really liked them. :)

Add Comment