User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • TTG have definitely NOT handled this well. Although it's not really serious or about a large sum of money (for an individual customer), I think that it's a matter of principle.

I recommend contacting Better Business Bureau, effective or not, so that we, paying customers, don't just keep quiet and let TTG handle this in their own shitty way.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

• im having the same problem....as all of this crap posted on here...:(....hey and on steam its the black screen and doesnt play at all. has anyone got it to work on steam since it wont download on mac??? i mean any mac users?

• Just officially filed my BBB complaint! Congratulations TellTale Games!!! you're the first company that has driven me to pursuit this avenue. Here is the link to submit your own complaint fellow, crapped upon consumers!!! http://www.bbb.org/

• I don't live in the USA, so I can't file a complaint with them.

If I could, I would. and Telltale would be the first company that has driven me to file a complaint.

• Well, I finished episode 2 yesterday and it worked flawlessly.
    I saw a post somewhere on the forum about a guy who took down the resolution of his screen before downloading and this trick worked for me.
    I set the resolution on the lowest possibility (640x480) and tried downloading again. This time it finished without problems. I still couldn't leave the episodes screen or go to windowed mode without the program crashing though, but it was worth the wait.
    I'm not really sure if this is the general solution to the Mac downloading problem, because I don't see a correlation between downloading and screen-resolution, but I really hope this 'trick' will work for all you guys!

Macbook Pro i7 2010
    OS X Lion 10.7.4

• @JordyLicht said: Well, I finished episode 2 yesterday and it worked flawlessly.
    I saw a post somewhere on the forum about a guy who took down the resolution of his screen before downloading and this trick worked for me.
    I set the resolution on the lowest possibility (640x480) and tried downloading again. This time it finished without problems. I still couldn't leave the episodes screen or go to windowed mode without the program crashing though, but it was worth the wait.
    I'm not really sure if this is the general solution to the Mac downloading problem, because I don't see a correlation between downloading and screen-resolution, but I really hope this 'trick' will work for all you guys!

Macbook Pro i7 2010
    OS X Lion 10.7.4

Tried this, didn't work.

Seriously guys. First the game didn't show up on my account. Then, never got the promised steam keys in my email. Now this.

Change your server provider. This is stooooopid.

• it is a scandal, after paying, I can not download the second episode, how do I get a refund, does anyone know how to do

• @screetch77 said: it is a scandal, after paying, I can not download the second episode, how do I get a refund, does anyone know how to do

They are refusing to grant refunds!

Disgusting.

• I am not from the USA but managed to file a complaint via BBB just fine. They accepted it and delivered it to TTG.

• So now I tried the change in settings for the MAC - didn't work.

Tried to install Win 7 on MAC with bootcamp, too much drama, so grabbed the HTPC and installed on there.

Guess what, download failed on PC......I seem destined not to play this game.

At least now I have WIn 7 on the HTPC, so not a total loss, unlike TWD which is a total loss....of my cash....

Add Comment