User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @kromnal said: Nice to see they spent all that time working out the bugs...

Exactly!

Crashed twice at 70% and having to start back from 0 is ridiculous.

This whole game experience has been an absolute joke.

• @JBelin said: Exactly!

Crashed twice at 70% and having to start back from 0 is ridiculous.

This whole game experience has been an absolute joke.

It would be nice to recall where you were up to in your download, I'm on my fifth attempt now, all crashed between 60 & 75%

• @blackvulcan3 said: It would be nice to recall where you were up to in your download, I'm on my fifth attempt now, all crashed between 60 & 75%

All 3 of my attempts crashed at 70%. Not bothering again till they have a fix.

So sick of Telltale's disorganization and lack of accountability to its consumers.

• Fifth time just died again, I'm wondering if its because Im in Australia and its peak time in the US. Anyway Im sick of the drama and have spent 5 hours this morning trying to make it work. Maybe I'll try when the USA goes to sleep.

• @blackvulcan3 said: Fifth time just died again, I'm wondering if its because Im in Australia and its peak time in the US. Anyway Im sick of the drama and have spent 5 hours this morning trying to make it work. Maybe I'll try when the USA goes to sleep.

Yeah I'm also based in Australia.

Wait almost 3 months for a game and then they pull this garbage. I really want a refund from telltale, I spend more time checking their website to see if the new episode has been released than I do actually playing the game.

• @JBelin said: I spend more time checking their website to see if the new episode has been released than I do actually playing the game.

Never truer words spoken (or typed)

• That was the last telltale game for me. No release information (an email would be nice), the download situation is a bad joke, no support from telltale and bugs are everywhere in the game.

Worst indie Game Developer ever! And I idiot payed for the seasonpass.

• Three attempts to download it so far. Super slow. Farthest I got was 27% before I supposedly lost the connection for a second, enough to have to start all over.

• I'm also having DL troubles. I've restarted the download about 10 times now and never get beyond 79-80%.

This feels almost like the troubles I had with the Star Wars: Old Republic.
    They also did not know how to continue from the point where the DL went bad, meaning you had to keep starting over and over when patching the game.

The only company that has nailed this is Blizzard.

Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to keep trying to DL, sigh...

Great game, but not so great technology it seems :(

• Hmm. Two more attempts, both again stopped at 27%. Everyone else seems to get as far as 79-80%. Weird. In the end it's the same difference - useless is useless.

Add Comment