User Avatar Image

Saving carley will tell us more about lee's crime

posted by Dr Lance VanBoobenHousen on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I look forward to that

87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dr Lance VanBoobenHousen said: I look forward to that

I personally would be very interested to see that!

• Why would we as players care about Lees crime. What's done is done, and is in the past, now in a world where all of the ugliness is amplified. Lees past is pebble in the ocean. I'm more interested in his future.

• already been talked about before in a lee thread..

and by me ;)

• I think Carly is dead useful. She was probably the only one who acknowledges Lee as the leader. Would be interesting to see how that pans out considering that Kenny and Lilly are always fighting each other.

• I really like Carley, shes my favorite character besides Clementine..

I thought it was funny how Lee picked on her a little bit about the batterys at the end of EP2..

"your never gonna let me live that down are ya"? lol..

• I like Carley too. I'm glad I saved her.

• But that information is useless now...

• @jangjangchang said: But that information is useless now...

Just like Carley.

The only reason Carley could feasibly and logically be around is because she's a woman, and if you're heterosexual, that means sex, which is why players hope to "hook up" with her, but to me, otherwise she has proven to be useless.

There are ample guns. Someone always comes to your aid in some fashion, just not with a gun that causes noise, and is useless when out of ammo.

I watched a few Lets plays of EP2 with Carley and she seems so out of place to the narrative. However that is how most males were raised; to protect women, and since most gamers age and mindset haven't elevated out of a juvenile stance, that is why Carley was chosen the most.

Its deep rooted genetics TellTale tapped into and manipulated, save the woman or the male, male players will usually always save the female, since the early days we have been programmed to do so, and female players will also save Carley since women carry same gender preference.

The few brave and bold that saved Doug ( such as myself ) realised he had value as an individual, and not based on his gender, or looks, as obese people are looked at as useless and grotesque.

Carley giving me insights about Lees crime is the very definition, of useless. Her use stretches to how many bullets she has in the clip, or if you want to be a cynic, the fact that she can procreate.

• @NeonBlade said: Just like Carley.

The only reason Carley could feasibly and logically be around is because she's a woman, and if you're heterosexual, that means sex, which is why players hope to "hook up" with her, but to me, otherwise she has proven to be useless.

There are ample guns. Someone always comes to your aid in some fashion, just not with a gun that causes noise, and is useless when out of ammo.

I watched a few Lets plays of EP2 with Carley and she seems so out of place to the narrative. However that is how most males were raised; to protect women, and since most gamers age and mindset haven't elevated out of a juvenile stance, that is why Carley was chosen the most.

Its deep rooted genetics TellTale tapped into and manipulated, save the woman or the male, male players will usually always save the female, since the early days we have been programmed to do so, and female players will also save Carley since women carry same gender preference.

The few brave and bold that saved Doug ( such as myself ) realised he had value as an individual, and not based on his gender, or looks, as obese people are looked at as useless and grotesque.

Carley giving me insights about Lees crime is the very definition, of useless. Her use stretches to how many bullets she has in the clip, or if you want to be a cynic, the fact that she can procreate.

I totally agree with you, which is why I chose to save Doug (also, I'm a female, and I find Doug attractive. It's not the reason I saved him, though). I saw Carly as pretty useless when compared to a guy who proved his intelligence and skill of improvising. Meanwhile, Carly couldn't understand how to fit batteries into a radio.

Also, I saw Carly as a threat. She might slip or intentionaly talk about Lee's crime, which will cause trouble between us and the rest of the group.

This discussion has been closed.