User Avatar Image

Top 3 Games You'd Love to See Remade

posted by Ryan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

This doesn't have to be a loaded question...but why not let loose and give an ear-full...or and eye-full...or whatever voice you hear in your head when you read full.

What i mean by remake is: keep the storyline and characters of that specific game and installment (which game in the series such as Mario "2"), keep the same core elements and identifying characteristics of game play, keep the same major musical pieces, just apply those things to the new medium and expand on those things immensely. A good example would be the Metal Gear Series.

Mine are:

1. Splatterhouse (turbo Grafix 16)

2. Castlevania 2 (NES)

3. E.V.O. (SNES)

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1. Covert Action
    2. Crusader: No Remorse
    3. Chaos Overlords

• Upgrading older games so that they simply run on newer hardware (without really altering the content) is perfectly fine with me. I'd much rather see originality than remakes. Sadly, current marketplace realities don't agree with me...

• 1. Riven. I think modern computers are approaching the point where it would be feasible to do it in real-time.
    2. Zelda 2. I'd actually love to see Zelda 2's basic story used for a modern 3D Zelda game.
    3. Super Mario 64/ SM64DS - I'd like to see the game ported to Wii, with all the bonus features from the DS version. The DS version was great, but it'd be better on a TV, with a controller.

• For some reason this first one popped into my mind almost immediately, though my memories are of the Arcade version:
    1. BreakThru
    2. Tiger Heli
    3. Jackal

• A revamped Jackal would be an awesome addition for download arcade on newer consoles, particularly with a versus mulit-player.

• @Ryan said: A revamped Jackal would be an awesome addition for download arcade on newer consoles, particularly with a versus mulit-player.

Or co-op!

• I'd love to see Monkey Island 4 remade with Monkey Island 3, 2D visuals.
    I have nothing against 3D adventure games (especially not after Sam and Max Season 1), but LA really butchered everything I loved about CMI.

2 other games I'd like to see remade: Bugs Bunny Lost in Time (I loved that game, it'd be great if they could remake it to look even more like the cartoons) and Ratchet and Clank 1 (even if all they add is the XP system from the later games).

Part of me wants to see an FFVII remake, but I know Squeenix will probably muck it up somewhere along the line and take the soul out of the game. Even imagining FFVII just with better graphics doesn't feel right.

• @Badwolf said: I'd love to see Monkey Island 4 remade with Monkey Island 3, 2D visuals.
    I have nothing against 3D adventure games (especially not after Sam and Max Season 1), but LA really butchered everything I loved about CMI.

Frankly, I could care less about the graphics. If anyone's going to make a MI4 remake, just PLEASE get rid of the godawful controls. :mad:

• @Maratanos said: Frankly, I could care less about the graphics. If anyone's going to make a MI4 remake, just PLEASE get rid of the godawful controls. :mad:

Odd, I thought those controls are pretty much fine. Considering they're near same as Grim Fandango.

Darn, I have no idea what I would like remade to contribute.

• I'd like a TRUE remake of Doom, not a "re-imagining" like Doom 3. Bring back the joke levels!

Primal Rage. The fighting game that out-gored Mortal Kombat, but nobody remembers it. With next-gen graphics and the same twisted sense of humor, it'd finally get the recognition it deserves.

The original Wolfenstein. The one for Apple IIe. I'd cry tears of bliss.

Add Comment