Menu
User Avatar Image

After-dinner Mark [SPOILERS]

posted by Kaapo on - last edited - Viewed by 759 users

I've noticed many fishy and illogical things and events taking place after the dinner, but one in particular has been bugging me:

How did Mark end up as a walker (or should I say crawler) upstairs after the dinner when you confront Brenda?

Everyone will remember Mark crawling downstairs and in front of the dining room before Lee gets knocked out. Why on earth would the St. Johns carry him back upstairs and leave what remained of his body intact? He was obviously either dead or dying, so they would have a crawling zombie upstairs while busy dealing with the people in Lee's group. It was a completely unnecessary risk - they could just have bashed Mark's head in, or thrown him on the other side of the fence (although he might've been able to crawl underneath the fence without getting electrocuted).

Of course it was quite heartwarming to see Mark helping out the group even after his death, but it still seems ridiculous.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Maybe they thought that they could still use his... ehm... "Meat", so they took him upstairs to "heal" him and keep him alive for more time.
    Then the situation went out of control, Mark was left unatended, died in the end, and Brenda wasn't even aware that he was dead and waiting upstairs to take a bite himself (oh, the irony).

• I'd say they panicked when things started to get out of control. They didn't want any of the meat to go to waste so they dragged Mark back upstairs and left him there with the doors closed. In a rush of adrenaline Mark managed to get the doors open but succumbed to his wounds and was reanimated, only to crawl out to the staircase when he heard the commotion that was Brenda threatening Lee.

At least that's my idea of what happened. Poor Mark.

• If they were still going to use Mark for food though, why did they bring Kenny's family in the house? I recall Andy saying they only wanted to keep one of the group alive, probably Katjaa since they needed a vet, so why'd they bring Duck in the house if not to butcher him next? I can't figure any other reason for taking Duck out of the meat locker. But if they really were still going to use Mark as food they wouldn't have needed to get anyone else out for food yet.

• Duck stayed inside the house cause he wanted to finish his plate.

• @Kaapo said: If they were still going to use Mark for food though, why did they bring Kenny's family in the house? I recall Andy saying they only wanted to keep one of the group alive, probably Katjaa since they needed a vet, so why'd they bring Duck in the house if not to butcher him next? I can't figure any other reason for taking Duck out of the meat locker. But if they really were still going to use Mark as food they wouldn't have needed to get anyone else out for food yet.

They used Duck as a bargaining tactic for Katjaa.

• I think they were planning to pick off as many of Lee's group as they could for meat and kill the rest. Then they were discovered and everything they had plan went out the window.

• @Gman5852 said: They used Duck as a bargaining tactic for Katjaa.

This.

But he still wanted to finish his plate.

• They'd already gone to a lot of trouble in keeping Mark alive up to that point. Also, as Brenda said herself "Growing up in rural Georgia teaches one not to waste".

Likely they just dragged him back upstairs and forgot about him in the commotion of taking Kenny's family hostage and locking the rest in the meat freezer.

Off the top of my head I'd say they probably took Duck into the house to use as leverage against Katjaa and keep her an obedient hostage. She'd do anything they told her to if they threatened to hurt Duck.

@Gman5852 said: They used Duck as a bargaining tactic for Katjaa.

@Gman5852 said: But he still wanted to finish his plate.

Also, this. ^^^

• *spoilers ahead* To refer to the comics, when dale is captured and his legs are eaten, he also wonders why he is kept alive. The canablas say the meat stays better longer if their vicitim is alive longer. So the train of thought was that he was still alive and wanted to keep him in that state for as long as possible

• MAYBE THEY DIDN'T KNOW EVERYONE TURNS! Just because your group knows doesn't mean the worlds founds out. Maybe they were going to use him for more food.

Add Comment