Menu
User Avatar Image

ALWAYS infected? Seriously???

posted by miesman81 on - last edited - Viewed by 865 users

Hi People!

I'm reading this forum for several days now and i'm missing one specific topic.
Actually i'm quite surprised no one ever mentioned this before (or i was too blind to see).

Isn't it a bit weird that as long as ur head is still intact, people will turn into a walker anyway??? I mean, getting bitten would be enough reason right?
Why did the author make it look as a 'condition' that everybody (bitten or not) suffers from? like an airborn virus? or what? weird!!! (i think)

I really love the game, but this thing kind of spoiled the story a tiny little bit for me, and i wonder who has an opinion about this theory...

Please post ur replies!

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Welcome to the boards.. This is in the books.. Its also a big part of other zombie franchises as well... You die you rise.

• The comics did the exact same thing and the games go off the comics.

Zombies are a much bigger threat this way because you can never wipe them out this way. Even if somehow every zombie was killed so no one can get bitten, they are still rising and still a threat.

• @miesman81 said: Hi People!

I'm reading this forum for several days now and i'm missing one specific topic.
    Actually i'm quite surprised no one ever mentioned this before (or i was too blind to see).

Isn't it a bit weird that as long as ur head is still intact, people will turn into a walker anyway??? I mean, getting bitten would be enough reason right?
    Why did the author make it look as a 'condition' that everybody (bitten or not) suffers from? like an airborn virus? or what? weird!!! (i think)

I really love the game, but this thing kind of spoiled the story a tiny little bit for me, and i wonder who has an opinion about this theory...

Please post ur replies!

The Walking Dead zombies seem to be based from George A Romero's Night of the living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead etc

And in those films however you die you come back, the bite is just like getting bit by any germ filled human, it will kill you but it is not the thing that turns you.

• ah that explains... didn't read the comics yet...

thanks for posting.. :) i will still enjoy the game of course!!!! :D

• The zombie bite is supposed to be more like a poison, one that you can't survive (unlike human bites which can be lethal, you can still survive them, possibly get very sick in the process).

But yeah, it's in the books/show/and it's also in a lot of other Zombie Universe's

• Yeah - zombie bites probably infect the wound the way a dog with rabies would make one seriously sick.

I guess this is a little different from the previous zombie films because the infection in this world affects everyone and it lies dormant until they die.

• have you not noticed that everyone is infected in most zombie movies?

go back and watch any old romero film; you don't need to be bitten to turn into a zombie.

• To be fair, those are the most boring zombies ever.

There's no evolution, and you can't get to see people actually becoming living corpses, they just die and then nothing they're just moving shit that get shot in the head.

It would have been more interesting to see them transforming, to see the need for "blood" rise within them, their bodies "melting" (the fly - style), or to have walkers in better shape if they feed regularly, or maybe even get somehow smarter...

I don't know, it's a little too simple and we can only thank the writers for coming up with interesting living characters. I honestly think the "zombie" part is just easy.

• @Strayth said: To be fair, those are the most boring zombies ever.

There's no evolution, and you can't get to see people actually becoming living corpses, they just die and then nothing they're just moving shit that get shot in the head.

It would have been more interesting to see them transforming, to see the need for "blood" rise within them, their bodies "melting" (the fly - style), or to have walkers in better shape if they feed regularly, or maybe even get somehow smarter...

I don't know, it's a little too simple and we can only thank the writers for coming up with interesting living characters. I honestly think the "zombie" part is just easy.

so basically, you dont want the game to be about zombies at all.

• alot of people spoiled that since episode one because they read the comics

Add Comment