User Avatar Image

What is your opinion about TellTale at this point?

posted by Adell135 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

I'm sure the community has varying opinions about TellTale at this point. What do you, the player, have to say regarding their execution of the Walking Dead Game so far?

Personally, I've done my best to remain hopeful, thinking that the two-month wait for episode 2 was typical of TellTale's release strategy. We finally get episode 2 and, lo' and behold, we have an assortment of bugs to contend with. Some are having their saves corrupted, choices from the previous episode don't tranfer, some were unable to start the game to begin with, and others are simply unable to download the second episode at all. On top of this, many are already speculating that the third episode won't release until next month!

My hope is running out, and disappointment is gradually setting in at this point.

415 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Meh,

I say leave them alone and let them do their job.

They already got paid so no amount of belly aching gonna do. They don't have to do anything special for your dime anymore. I was satisfied with the second installment, the series is looking good and that's all I can ask for.

I am not a fan of episode release and if telltale were to make another game I like but on episode release I would just hold my horses (and my money) and wait until the product is finished before I pay them.

But other than that I don't plan anything around them folks. They gonna do them so I just gotta do me.

• Don't get me started, they haven't released the PS3 version for the UK :(

It'll be interesting to read people's views though

• I still do have appreciation for what they have released so far and am willingly going to play the remaining subsequent episodes. The Walking Dead is a good game, but it is just a shame how TellTale has proceeded in releasing their title.

• @Adell135 said: I still do have appreciation for what they have released so far and am willingly going to play the remaining subsequent episodes. The Walking Dead is a good game, but it is just a shame how TellTale has proceeded in releasing their title.

Me too because I'm hooked on the game already. if I could walk away from it, I would.

• I just want to get what i paid for and get the hell out. As soon as the series is out/they refund season passes i'm not looking back at TT.

• disappointed in them. lied about the release dates, put out a very bugged/glitchy product, haven't seen any announcements regarding the game deletes for ps3 users. i like this game but after it's done, i'll never support them again

• I think story-wise and gameplay-wise its a very solid experience.

On the tech side of things however, its horrible.
    Full of glitches and gamebreaking bugs with save files.. I feel like stuff like this should be patched ASAP ( I aged by 10 years, dealing with blackscreen shenanigans myself ) or not be in the release version at all.

Also seems like TellTale is kinda passive about all these problems. Might be just my lack of informations tho.

• @Lone_Wanderer said: I think story-wise and gameplay-wise its a very solid experience.

On the tech side of things however, its horrible.
    Full of glitches and gamebreaking bugs with save files.. I feel like stuff like this should be patched ASAP ( I aged by 10 years, dealing with blackscreen shenanigans myself ) or not be in the release version at all.

Also seems like TellTale is kinda passive about all these problems. Might be just my lack of informations tho.

They have been a little too quiet in most instances since the release of the first episode (or so the forum would indicate).

• Am Pissed, Disapointed, angry at them not only did they lie but they have no idea when it will be released for the uk, as i said before I feel robbed, and they will have to give me a refund

P.S this is the last time I'm ever going to buy a game made from them.

• @luffman said: Am Pissed, Disapointed, angry at them not only did they lie but they have no idea when it will be released for the uk, as i said before I feel robbed, and they will have to give me a refund

P.S this is the last time I'm ever going to buy a game made from them.

You certainly aren't the first to state that this is your last TellTale product. With the advent of the the Walking Dead title in TellTale's repetoire of released games, the company has no doubt recieved many new additions to the community. It's a shame that these same customers may never come back...

Add Comment