Menu
User Avatar Image

Why doesn't Lee think to be LEADER?

posted by TrickyZombie on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

What we need to see is a LEE that's in control of the group. Have his role akin to Rick from the Walking Dead. Put the tough decisions on Lee, and watch the weight of his choices unfold for the better or worse of the group. Have choices affect the development of LEE's character- seeing a man with a broken past determined to protect the new family he forms through the zombie outbreak, or destroy their chances for survival through poor decision-making.

I don't want to control a character with tough choices, who isn't the leader; I want to have the tough choices as leader, to witness the various ramifications surrounding my group from the choices I made. What made The Walking Dead comics so intruiging to me, was the adversity Rick went through to keep his group alive amidst a zombie epidemic, even though "humanity" turned out to be the biggest threat. Instilling that sense of a being a leader in a savage world, I think, would make The Walking Dead game really shine.

It'd be nice to see Lee take control as leader, instead of having the thought suggested to him by Carly.

Would anyone else like to see an episode where Lee is official LEADER of the group? Being a leader while taking Clem's safety into account, could see him making real painful and biased choices.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm pretty sure that'll happen probably middle of four. Lee's too smart and civilized to just steal power. He's got a history of crimes of passion. What we're waiting for is a bad situation - one that I bet makes the St. John's look like lost jaywalkers.

• The story of HOW Lee becomes the leader of the group is much more interesting than him just being the leader..

• In the situation they're in, a leader can't show weakness or have vulnerable points. To this point he couldn't lead because of Larry & Carly (who both know his secret) and he wouldn't want to piss off. Also, having Clem causes issues of bias amongst the group.
    Personally I just don't see him as leader material, he's quiet, he doesn't take charge, he lacks authority. Lilly is the natural leader.

• @TrickyZombie said: Why doesn't Lee think to be LEADER?

Probably because he is a convicted murderer whose identity is known by Carly and Larry.

In the first episode, Lee is probably more concerned about his injured leg and protecting Clementine than becoming group leader. By the second episode, Larry remains as an obstacle until the end (how would the group react to Leader Lee if they knew his past?).

I think in later episodes, Lee may be forced to be the leader or to select a leader. Either way, Lee can be praised or blamed for his choice.

• @Gregory2012 said: Probably because he is a convicted murderer whose identity is known by Carly and Larry.

In the first episode, Lee is probably more concerned about his injured leg and protecting Clementine than becoming group leader. By the second episode, Larry remains as an obstacle until the end (how would the group react to Leader Lee if they knee his past?).

I think in later episodes, Lee may be forced to be the leader or to select a leader. Either way, Lee can be praised or blamed for his choice.

Lee gets blamed for everything anyway, I said not to go to the dairy but it was Lee's fault for bringing everyone there.

Carley wants Lee to be the leader, and smiles if you tell the brothers you're the leader.

• I don't think it's because he's a convicted killer. At this point the pre-apocalypse world is pretty irrelevant and I think everyone knows that. Carly even suggest him to lead and she knows his past.

I'd say it's because Lee (along with Kenny and his family) was late to join Lilly's alliance with Larry, Doug, Carley, and Glen. I think this is why Lilly is still the leader, because she was a founding member of the alliance, and Doug/Carly just aren't cut out for it.

Think how lame it would be if (overly hypothetically) by the start of episode 3 Ben has come out of his shell as a charismatic, intelligent young man and ends up being the one to call the shots for the group. It'd be like naw fuck that we saved him from his retarded ass group he cant just walk in and lead ours

• Lee is just too mild mannered to be a leader. Lilly on the other hand is a natural leader an she's also Air Force trained. Lee is great but I think he plays the right role in the group. Being Clem's guardian I mean.:D

• In order to be a leader he must first learn to deal with gravity :P

• I agree with you that Lee should be the leader. The group is split into different sides, and those sides hardly agree with Lee. The only person that encourages Lee to be the leader is Doug/Carley. We'll just see how things go.

• @YamiRaziel said: In order to be a leader he must first learn to deal with gravity :P

ah gravity..... lees arch-enemy.

Add Comment