User Avatar Image

In your first playthrough did you...

posted by Sisterofshane on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

...both chop off the teacher's leg, and side with Lilly in the meat locker? What were the exact circumstances behind each dilemma that you faced?

For an example, I will tell you what happened in MY first playthrough of episode 2. I didn't immediately chop off the teacher's leg. I first tried to hit the chain with the axe, and after that failed to do ANY visible damage, I then tried to pry open the trap by force. It was at this point Kenny said "Do something now or ..." (and I honestly don't remember EVERYTHING he said, because of the heat of the moment). At this point, I decided to chop off his leg. Three hits, leg was off, and I escaped with the teacher.

Fast forward to the meat locker, I chose to side with Kenny, for a multitude of reasons that would take TOO long to put here, but the least of which being that I felt that it was impossible to save Larry's life, and that every second exponentially increased the risk of him turning into a walker with us still trapped in the meat locker. Even then, I waited 'til the last possible second to finally click on Kenny.

I'm not going to include a poll, because I feel that is impossible to accurately capture EVERYONE'S specific reasoning behind their choices (not without using up the 50 option limit, anyway). With that said, please feel free to say WHY you did what you did, in both situations! I'm hoping to glean some insight on how morally consistent people are, and I think that these two situations are the closest I can get in game for comparison!

Also, please try to keep disagreements to a minimum - there are plenty of other threads in which already exist to argue about the finer parts of morality in the Walking Dead setting - all of which I would recommend if you are looking for a good time (or argument :D)! I'm really looking for more a statistical view of people, as opposed to WHY someone is right or wrong.

EDIT: Part 2, for those who chopped off the leg - did it occur to you that the teacher may die from blood loss later? Did it matter to you that he might have been dead either way?

Part 3 - What was your honest assessment at Larry's chance at life? If you had to give a percentage as to how sure you were that he could be revived, what would it be? Did that influence your decision to side with Lilly or not?

Part 4 - How many of you also gave Irene the gun in episode one? Explain why you did or did not allow her to kill herself.

102 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did cut off the band teacher's leg, and I sided with Lilly in the meat locker. No matter how idiotic Larry was, I couldn't leave him to die and leave Lilly devastated. Before the meat locker, I always sided with Kenny.

• @Zeruis said: I did cut off the band teacher's leg, and I sided with Lilly in the meat locker. No matter how idiotic Larry was, I couldn't leave him to die and leave Lilly devastated. Before the meat locker, I always sided with Kenny.

How long before you cut off the leg? Was it an immediate decision, or did you try to find other options, first?

• @Sisterofshane said: How long before you cut off the leg? Was it an immediate decision, or did you try to find other options, first?

For me, I just rammed the axe on it immediately. I knew there was no other way for him to get out.

• I tried to chop down the tree instead of cutting his leg... Well poor guy, if I had a choice I would shot him in the head so he wouldn't suffer from zombies.

• @magzhi said: I tried to chop down the tree instead of cutting his leg... Well poor guy, if I had a choice I would shot him in the head so he wouldn't suffer from zombies.

So you left him to die? And did you side with Lilly or Kenny in the meat locker?

• I tried all I could to get the teacher free, but when I realized it was chopping the leg of or leave him behind so he could be mawled by the approaching zombie horde, I felt like I had no other option than chopping the leg off, to give the poor guy a fighting chance...

In the meat locker I sided with Kenny, there is no way your coming back from a heart attack, well that is actually wrong sins you would turn and become a zombie!

you need a defibrillator to even have a remote chance to save a guy that died from a hearth attack (which is what Larry did! he died!)

and had Kenny not salt licked Larry I would have done it myself. Kenny was absolutely right in a few minutes we would have had an undead Larry in the meat locker with us.

• I left the teacher to die, but only because I ran out of time testing out the other options. I was about a swing away from having his whole leg off.

And I sided with Lilly. It may not have been the best tactical decision at the time, but reviving Larry would have meant having an extra pair of hands around when fighting off the brothers.

• I went to hacking the gym teacher's leg off straight away. When Mark mentioned there was no release hatch, that was my first instinct so I didn't examine any of the alternatives. I did not even realize the bear trap was also attached to the chain and tree. Once I started chopping I didn't consider stopping. The gym teacher wasn't anyone I knew and I figured we needed to get out of there.

I sided with Lilly because I had started to like Larry. I figured we would finally see eye to eye after I had fed him, given him the ax at the motel, and didn't let him eat the meat. He had the heart problem in episode 1 and came out no worse for wear and I thought the same would happen in the locker. When Kenny dropped the bomb I was shocked.

• I left him to die.

I also sided with Lilly because no one should be given up.

• So to recap, (and also to give my thread a shameless, but not pointless bump!) we have four people who cut off the teacher's leg, and sided with Lilly in the meat locker.

Only two people cut off the leg AND sided with Kenny.

And one person did NOT try to cut off the leg, and sided with Lilly.

Out of the six people who cut off the leg, only one person was unsuccessful due to delaying too long to make the decision. Two have admitted to cutting the leg off right away.

But, seriously people, I wouldn't call six people a good sample size. Come forth one and all with your answers! It's for science! Think of Cave Johnson! (I'm looking at you, the + sixty people who looked at the thread and didn't respond!)

Add Comment