User Avatar Image

Any similar games to TWD

posted by Mojotokin on - last edited - Viewed by 282 users

Hi,
I just finished playing episodes 1 and 2 multiple times. I really liked them both and was curious if anyone has any recommendations for similar games?

Particularly games where your choices effect the outcome. Not really into shooter games. The small amount this game had was great for me.

I also enjoyed the social aspect of this series and the character development. I don't play alot of monster/anime, this game was kind of an exception due to loving the comic book/TV series.

I apologize if a similar thread was already created.

So anyway, any suggestions or ideas?

Much Thanks!

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I"m looking for such games myself.
    Mostly I can think of RPG's but even they are not as good as they pretend.

In Bioware's KOTOR series for example it's basically whether you will choice the bad or good choice. Anything else does not matter. Most games are like that or the way where by asking you only learn information but you don't really respond.

The only 2 games that have a better dialog systems are Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and The Witcher 1 & 2.

I really hope that Telltale will start a new genre with this TWD game. Hope more games like this one will emerge. I would personally love to see some Lord of the Flies/Lost survivor style with this dialog and story-telling system.

• Alan Wake, doesn't have to do allot with zombie's but is one hell of a scary game.
    And the people consumed by darkness are scarier and allot more violent then zombie's.

• Alan Wake is definately an awesome game but it doesn't really have anything in common with TWD. However the way Alan narrates the story is just... beyond awesome!

• Heavy Rain to some extent is similar but no as much so as say Mass Effect

• Thank you all so much for the recommendations. Going to check out Alan Wake right now as well as all the other suggestions.
    I totally agree with Yami as well, would love to see a Lord of the Flies/Lost survivor style.
    Thanks again all!

• Alpha Protocol is another game you might like to look at. It's RPG shooter and with several different endings where you determine the outcome.

• Heavy Rain is a must. Telltale clearly drew some influence from it when making The Walking Dead. You might also like LA Noire.

What else...well, I guess any WRPG fits the bill. The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, KOTOR, Mass Eff...wait, scratch that last one. :p

Deus Ex has a lot of focus on choice too. You said you didn't like shooter games, though, and while Deus Ex is more RPG than FPS, there's still a lot of FPS elements to it. If you do get it, though, remember this: The original and Human Revolution are good, but avoid Invisible War like the plague.

You might also want to try some visual novels. They're kind of light on gameplay (in fact, whether they count as games at all is debatable), but if you want your choices to affect the story I'd say they're worth a shot.

• Indigo Prophecy (aka Fahrenheit in Europe).

L.A Noire

I didn't play Heavy Rain but I've always wanted to play. I would suggest it too.

• Heavy Rain most definitely. It's really the only other game that's a choose your own adventure and not just a linear story with a morality system.

• @mooneysuzuki said: Heavy Rain to some extent is similar but no as much so as say Mass Effect

Mass Effect more similar to the walking dead than Heavy Rain? I think you've got that badly the wrong way around.

Add Comment