User Avatar Image

Is Larry racist or was that a lie Lee told?

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

at the beginning of episode 2 when you talk to mark about larry you can say:

He thinks I'm dangerous
He's just looking out for his daughter
He's a racist

Do you think the last one is a lie?

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Its a lie. He hates Lee because he knows he is a convicted murderer. Larry flat out admits that in episode 1.

• I guess it was a lie, though mostly just a way of redirecting the question and also taking a jab at Larry. Lee knows that the real reason Larry doesn't like him is because he knows about Lee's past as a convicted murderer. (And, you probably didn't take his side when he wanted to kick Duck out of the drugstore).

• It's a lie. "He's a racist" was a false option to say to Mark. I'm sure that Lee didn't feel like he was actually a racist.

• i suppose all of the answers could just be manipulation in some way or another , but darn it i wish i knew for sure

• @thestalkinghead said: i suppose all of the answers could just be manipulation in some way or another , but darn it i wish i knew for sure

Larry denies that's what his issue with Lee is... Now tell me, does Larry seem like the kind of guy to deny something just to maintain appearances? use your head dude.

• It is a lie. Larry admitted why he dislikes Lee and its a valid reason. No racism involved, that is just a lie for "jerk" Lee to make himself look like the good guy.
    EDIT:Besides that, Larry has shown a hatred for just about... everyone! Race doesn't seem to be the issue there. Plus he showed that he does care for Clem. who is also African-America. If he was racist, he would hate her as well.

• @Death689God said: Larry denies that's what his issue with Lee is... Now tell me, does Larry seem like the kind of guy to deny something just to maintain appearances? use your head dude.

i think he would, he is ex military, so he would be used to maintaining appearances, he is just keeping the convicted murderer part in the bag if he ever needed to legitimise his hate

• @thestalkinghead said: i think he would, he is ex military, so he would be used to maintaining appearances, he is just keeping the convicted murderer part in the bag if he ever needed to legitimise his hate

Right... :rolleyes: BTW I accidentally clicked the first option, because you worded it weird. I read it as "No, he isn't a racist", but I don't see a way to change my vote...

• @Gman5852 said: It is a lie. Larry admitted why he dislikes Lee and its a valid reason. No racism involved, that is just a lie for "jerk" Lee to make himself look like the good guy.
    EDIT:Besides that, Larry has shown a hatred for just about... everyone! Race doesn't seem to be the issue there. Plus he showed that he does care for Clem. who is also African-America. If he was racist, he would hate her as well.

i thought she was Asian lol, but maybe children don't count

• @Death689God said: Right... :rolleyes: BTW I accidentally clicked the first option, because you worded it weird. I read it as "No, he isn't a racist:, but I don't see a way to change my vote...

yeah sorry, i was just so interested in if it was a lie, i didn't think about how to word the question

This discussion has been closed.